I promised myself not to get dirty

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Because I needed to hit the grocery store, and figured I'd head-out before sun-up to do a little 'tecting before it got hot. I thought I'd hunt 'til about 10AM (which I did), but by then I was soaking wet with sweat :( When I got back to the truck, I got a couple bottles of cold water out, and cleaned myself up best I could, and went to the store anyway :lol:

I've hunted this park before, and is where I'd found the 1944 Australian Penny. Since then (when I found the Aussie Penny) I did a map overlay and found there were a couple houses that sat in what is now a baseball diamond.

I wasn't too concerned as to what I was digging, as I was digging it, but was hoping I might run across an oldie or two. I dug one, and pulled-out a nice green coin, so hoped it was a Wheatie, or better yet, an IHP. Ended-up being a Memorial :laughing: I did manage to find a '45 Wheatie, but that was it.

Since my ProPointer was just sent-in for warranty repair, I grabbed a Harbor Freight PP I'd bought a few years ago for a spare. After about the 3rd hole, it went into the trash.

Ended-up with $2.15 total, and had fun getting it :yes: Sure be glad when these hot days (90*) are gone!

picture.php

I also had to pull out me Harbor Freight PP when I sent my Garrett in, it took one hunt me before I started to really miss my Carrot! :crying:

I went through 3 HF "el-crapo wands" before I returned the 3rd one for a final refund. Man those suck compared to actual quality. I mean HF makes sense for some tools - just not that one. At least they have a good refund policy.

I went through 3 HF "el-crapo wands" before I returned the 3rd one for a final refund. Man those suck compared to actual quality. I mean HF makes sense for some tools - just not that one. At least they have a good refund policy.

I bought my last item at HF a couple years ago after they charged me a restocking fee on 2 rolls of masking tape that was so old you couldn't even peel it off the roll.

Congrats on the wheat! I found a lot of stuff with the HF pointer I started with but I modded mine. I put a better switch and a cellphone vibrator in it. I generally hunt in the early am and get quite wet and dirty. My wife often txts me and asks me to stop at the store. Yes, I have been in the store wet and dirty many times! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom