First door knock ever (Civil war guys look) Now with pics

hikingthehills

And out of my 3rd hole I pop this out. Too bad I nicked it with the shovel getting it out. I thought it was a rock till I saw US stamped on it. :mad: We barely got to go through this yard and I'm going back to bring the owner of the property a gift card for Cracker Barrel out of hopes she will let me go back again!

Last edited:
Here we go

Attachments

• belt buckle2.jpg
    belt buckle2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 509
  • belt buckle1.jpg
    belt buckle1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 514
Last edited:
Thanks y'all I'm super stoked. We found some wheat pennies and some other old really cool stuff as well. I can't wait to go back.

SUPER SWEET MAN!!!! civil war buckle at the top of my relic list ( prefer CS) but any civil war buckle would be sweet,,, VERY BIG CONGRATS TO YOU!!!

wow!!! I only dream of digging anything CW here in Ohio, (although Morgans Raid went right through my county) ANYTHING CW is the top of of my relic bucket list!! Congrats man!!

SUPER SWEET MAN!!!! civil war buckle at the top of my relic list ( prefer CS) but any civil war buckle would be sweet,,, VERY BIG CONGRATS TO YOU!!!
CS would have been awesome but I'll take what the ground gives me. Hopefully a CS will pop out soon.

Very cool! Congrats! With the arrowhead style hooks, I believe its a mid-late war issue belt plate. I think the puppy paw style was earlier. If the lead on the back starts flaking off -- they do sometimes when they dry out, you can coat it with Elmer's glue to preserve it. It dries clear, and if you ever want to remove it, just takes water to remove. You are in a great area for CW relics. Hope you dig lots more!

Back
Top Bottom