found ring, how to find owner?

rockymtnrider

Found a ring today and would like to know how to go about finding the owner.

It is a titanium wedding band has the groom and brides name and the date they were married, but no last name. How do I go about searching for the owner?

Any advice would be appreciated.

You could search sources where issued Marriage Licenses are listed. But that is a real long shot.

Unless it was lost recently and there is a posting in the paper or even Craig's list lost and found, you got a slim to no chance on finding them.
Not to long ago I saw on the internet about a wedding band that was found and returned. It had the couples names and wedding date inscribed, but it also had some other numbers inscribed that were recognized as GPS coordinates ........to the church that they were married at.
From experience the only ring that has a good chance being returned because of having so much info on them are class rings.
DL

I think it was a recent drop, maybe even that day.

I'm going to put an ad on craigslist in lost and found and if they can tell me what the inscription says then it is theirs.

But if it was gold instead of titanium I wouldn't be doing any of this.

Maybe search the names and see if there is an old wedding registry listed somewhere online? The first names would narrow it down a bit and check the date of the registry to see if it is close (within 2-3 months) of the wedding date.

I think it was a recent drop, maybe even that day.

I'm going to put an ad on craigslist in lost and found and if they can tell me what the inscription says then it is theirs.

But if it was gold instead of titanium I wouldn't be doing any of this.

Yep..fresh drop..pop it up on CL, thats about the only reasonable way with what you got there...you may get offered a cash reward even...

Who knows what adventure awaits? You may get a call from somebody to come help find theirs at their private estate? Ya just never know, prepare your mind to push a door open.
Mud

You could go to the city or county office that issues marriage licences and see if they have a chronological record. If they do go to about a week before the date on the ring and see if any of the names match.

And of course check for "Lost" articles in the paper, they may be looking for it. I thought I lost something years ago that was very special to me and was prepared to know that it was gone, but a person that found it was nice enough to keep it for me until I came back and they gave it back to me. That was really nice and I think about that whenever I find lost stuff.

Www.weddingchannel.com

Search for couple by name, and it will give you their wedding date, location, website, if they made one, and all of their reigstries. You can call the local store where the registered, tell them yout found their ring and saw they were recently registered there. If you're lucky and they believe you they may put you in touch. If it's a large department store like Macys, then call their wedding registry desk directly. Good luck! I would get a lot of happiness returning someone's wedding band, I hope it works out!

You could put an ad up in Craigslist local to where you found it. Give no details.

Lost wedding band found... fully describe to have returned.

I found a wedding ring as well. No luck on craigslist. Tried searching the name. I ended up bringing it to the police department. It was returned to me after 45 days (I think) because no match was found.

Found a ring today and would like to know how to go about finding the owner.

It is a titanium wedding band has the groom and brides name and the date they were married, but no last name. How do I go about searching for the owner?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Do a couple google searches for " wedding " or " were married "....etc. with the names and date , and see if it brings up any matches. If it brought up an article mentioning the people or the wedding , see if there is any information given about where they are from , etc.

Its a long shot , but probably the best chance of finding them. Somewhere there may have been a newspaper or book announcement of the wedding....sometimes there is , sometimes there isn't.

Back
Top Bottom