CTX hunt number 2

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone got out for about 2.5 hours today and spent some great time with my new machine. Same thing as last night, turn on and go. Here's my results. Different spot than last night, but another nice old ballfield. Barber was about 5". Added 3 wheats, 2 v nickels and one buff. Also a couple of cool relics. Might go back in an hour or so we'll see. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_2043.jpg
    IMG_2043.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_2046.jpg
    IMG_2046.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_2044.jpg
    IMG_2044.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_2045.jpg
    IMG_2045.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_2047.jpg
    IMG_2047.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 214
Wow! I wish I could find some oldies! Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that's a great site!!!!! Congrats! The ctx will find silver..I've found a few with mine;)

Pretty tough to run huh? Way complicated,right?:lol: If there was such a thing as " cheating " in metal detecting,using the CTX just might be cheating. I'm going to quietly follow this thing and see what you find,and more importantly WHERE you find things.
Well done so far Jeff!

Nice Barber Dime...congrats also on the V nickels, Buffalo and wheats!

Wow! I wish I could find some oldies! Nice

Man that's a great site!!!!! Congrats! The ctx will find silver..I've found a few with mine;)

Looks like you and the CTX are getting along just fine! Nice digs!

Pretty tough to run huh? Way complicated,right?:lol: If there was such a thing as " cheating " in metal detecting,using the CTX just might be cheating. I'm going to quietly follow this thing and see what you find,and more importantly WHERE you find things.
Well done so far Jeff!

Very nice find, Congrats !

Congrats

TexasCTX3030 - Mario (NetHunter)

yep! congrats on silvah, again....get used to it ;)

Very nice, congrats! That CRX is working out nicely for you.

Congrats! Looks like you're having fun learning the new machine! :)

Congrats. Keep up the good finds

Nice, congrats CD! Looks like your acclimating well to the new machine.

Congrats on the finds Jeff. Looks like you are enjoying the CTX.

Thank you all! I do love this rig, it's hard to put down lol. It certainly is a whole new beast, and while I'm finding stuff without tweaking any settings, I wonder if I'm missing anything. But I'm gunna keep going with these setting for 100 hours and slowly dive into settings and programs. Love the balance of this machine. I've never used a strap before but it seems it relieves ALOT of stress from your arm. Thanks for looking!

I know I said I'd be quiet but you said "I wonder if I'm missing anything"...so I can't.:roll:
Of course you're missing stuff! Everybody with anything will miss stuff,nature of the game,you know this as well as anyone else. Why? Attack angle,depth,incomplete coverage. You've heard of the 3 S rule...here's the 3 D rule. Depth,direction of attack along the length and DEFINITE(forgot about the 3rd "D" before...) and complete coverage of the width...you're thinking to yourself,"you just made that up". Yes I did.:lol:
That's why many guys like the 17" coil,it helps to improve the odds on 2 of the 3 variables.
No wondering allowed!

Last edited:
I know I said I'd be quiet but you said "I wonder if I'm missing anything"...so I can't.:roll:
Of course you're missing stuff! Everybody with anything will miss stuff,nature of the game,you know this as well as anyone else. Why? Attack angle,depth,incomplete coverage. You've heard of the 3 S rule...here's the 3 D rule. Depth,direction of attack along the length and complete coverage of the width...you're thinking to yourself,"you just made that up". Yes I did.:lol:
That's why many guys like the 17" coil,it helps to improve the odds on 2 of the 3 variables.
No wondering allowed!

:laughing: I'll have to sell an AT Pro to afford the 17" coil lol can't believe the prices on those coils, but I agree with everything stated above. I know I'm missing stuff but I guess until I get an 17" coil I'll be second guessing myself :lol:

:laughing: I'll have to sell an AT Pro to afford the 17" coil lol can't believe the prices on those coils, but I agree with everything stated above. I know I'm missing stuff but I guess until I get an 17" coil I'll be second guessing myself :lol:

Don't get me wrong,you'll do REALLY well with the stock one! The 17" almost allows for a little sloppiness in technique...with good technique and coil discipline you can come damn close to matching the bigger one. Plus,the 17" is a bit heavy,not bad...but a little heavy.
I certainly wouldn't sell the AT over it.

Back
Top Bottom