Cross Fleury Medallion Found on the Treasure Coast

Sandfisherman

I found this on the Treasure Coast a few weeks ago. The cross on the medallion is known as a "cross fleury," and it is an ancient design, but that does not mean this piece cannot be modern. The acid test show silver but not conclusively .99 pure more like .800 or in-between.
Anyone see anything like this before? :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_1613.JPG
    IMG_1613.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 296
Cool find! The shape reminds me of a modern dog tag.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

That is a very interesting item! Seems like the next best thing to finding an obviously valuable item is finding a really interesting item. Congrats! Hope it turns out to be ancient! :yes:

I found this on the Treasure Coast a few weeks ago. The cross on the medallion is known as a "cross fleury," and it is an ancient design, but that does not mean this piece cannot be modern. The acid test show silver but not conclusively .99 pure more like .800 or in-between.
Anyone see anything like this before? :shock:

Nice find! Its not black and corroded, usually a tell that it has been in the ground for hundreds of years. Also, a hi-res photo would help confirm... but it seems like a precision hole and shape as well as the uniformity of the pattern has me leaning towards a modern piece of jewelry.

:bling::detector::thumbsup:

Nice find! Its not black and corroded, usually a tell that it has been in the ground for hundreds of years. Also, a hi-res photo would help confirm... but it seems like a precision hole and shape as well as the uniformity of the pattern has me leaning towards a modern piece of jewelry.

:bling::detector::thumbsup:

looks modern.

Back
Top Bottom