Mojave Touch Up

Hi :tiphat:

I just want to mention that I phoned Tesoro today and discussed the issue of the opening at the juncture of the faceplate arc and housing with one of the other top technicians in Customer Service, Allen Cannan, the ubiguitous Rusty Henry not being available at the time. :lol:

The navigation details below were given to Mr. Cannan to check-out the photos in jadocs post #13 and my post #20, for further evaluation. He said they were aware of the issue and he mentioned the silicone idea, however, said they will review this issue further.

I brought up the comment made by one of our members regarding the speaker louvers, but said IMHO water droplets would more likely drop off the louvers and run on down to, and possibly inside, the opening at the faceplate arc.

After all, when swinging your detector the pole is pointing downward and the faceplate is more or less parallel with the ground, so I can see that water droplets could easily slide into the opening, especially when being coaxed by movement as you swing your coil.

Looking at pictures of Tesoro detectors in one of my earlier Tesoro slick paper brochures, it looks like the Cibola and Vaquero might have the same issue.

So keep a Zip Bag in your pocket, just in case it starts to spit rain ! :raining:
Or do the silicone touch up thing.

Navigation Details: Friendly Metal Detection Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors, page #1 of 415 > Thread title: Mojave Touch Up by Shot1 > Photos on page #2 > Post #13 by jadocs and my Post #20.

ToddB64

I've been gone a while. Thanks for that update. Appreciate it. I did silicone the crack. She's good to go now. I will not worry about calling Tesoro. I've got the lifetime warranty and I know they'll stand by it in the long run.

Other than a sloppy appearance, I sort of doubt that opening will cause any problems in use. I don't detecting in pouring rain, and I try my best not to dump dirt on my detector when it's on the ground next to me. If it looks like it'll be a problem for anyone, the silicone seems to be a good fix. Those older models with aluminum faceplate do have a better fit than any of my plastic faceplate Tesoros.

Back
Top Bottom