Anybody use a Whites M6?

Years ago I used an XLT with all the bells and whistles and found myself spending most of my time tweaking instead of detecting. Nothing like the simplicity of a 'knobber'.
I love the multi tones and being able to hear the iron and knowing it's iron without watching the display. If it's there, it will find it.

I'd like to learn more about how you set yours. I started out over 30 years ago
with a Whites GB-5000 / D used it for many years then the family thing started, had some kids and there went the extra time.
I still have it and it does still work well but I did buy the M6 to get back into it.
thanks for responding and I hope to hear from you again.
Bill

In my Florida sand, I run it wide open, disc. all the way down, and in tone mode with ground track off. It's a little 'chatty', but that's the way I like it. 90 percent of the time I use a 4x6 DD coil. I only use the stock 9.5 in open fields and beach where the extra depth would be needed.

I love mine. Very sensitive, deep, and also informative in tone mode. I run it as high as I can without too much chatter, and discrimination all the way down in tones. It's a noisy machine, but once you have it nailed, you'll be able to judge targets without even looking at the screen. I run the 6x10 Eclipse to cut through my mineralized ground a bit better, and have dug dimes at close to 9" with it. It's a good machine.

Even with the tiny 4x6 Shooter coil, it found this 8 inch plus buffalo today on my lunch break.

Attachments

• IMG_0341.JPG
    IMG_0341.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 160
Thanks to all, it looks like though the stock coil is not the answer.
I should look into a different coil?
I sure hope when I start out there again that I find something to pay for one.
Damn!:(

Silent search + no threshold (background hum) that the MXT has.
M6 is an awesome detector.
HH, Phil

I own two. Very fast recovery. Gathers coins better and faster than any of my machines.

Simple enough to use for any new tector, plus with the concentric 950, it's a great salt water beach machine. I'm promoting it to my brother who has used a Fisher 1260 with a 6" coil for his summer getaway. He wants depth and VDI. It would be perfect for him. Just enough bells and whisels without being overwhelming. He's a beep and dig guy, and a very good one.

The dealer that I bought mine from tried to sell me the DFX which was the top one at the time. After he realized I wasn't interested in it, he told me about his hunting partner who uses a M6 and always showed them up on outings. The M6 according to him and what I've seen, has the Same sensitivity as the top ones. Just doesn't have all the bells and whistles.

Back
Top Bottom