Best weekend of detecting EVER! 1861 Double Eagle and lots of BIG silver!

wow dude! this is amazing! Awesome finds and big congrats!

Thanks guys. :cheers:

That's just unbelievable!! Did you ever add up the total value of all that you found there?

I never got an exact amount as I was still pulling some random silvers from the site up until late 2016 but somewhere between $450-550 face value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice finds! Do you know what was on that spot where you found those coins? Perhaps an old shed where a farmer hid his money?

Edit: Nevermind, forgot to skim through the other posts :lol: That definitely sounds like a cache

We gotta keep going though.. Who knows, we might come across another one of these sites that produce epic finds. :) Besides, best case scenario in fishing, you end up with a dead fish. Best case scenario in metal detecting, you end up with a bunch of silver and gold! I'll stick with detecting! lol

No, the best case scenario fishing would be to catch a fish that had swallowed one of those gold coins in the waters where you had your tragic boating accident :boat::sarcastic: You're my hero !!
That place isn't done yet, I guarantee there's more to come for you. This time keep them away from your boat :ewink:
HH and amazing story. What an inspiration.

Kenny

Hmmm. I usually catch and release when fishing. Maybe I need to start gutting them? :lol:

Thanks for the kind words Kenny. :cheers:

Holy cow, what more can anyone say???? I hadn't seen this before, and just read the whole 18 pages plus the links threads and videos as I ate my lunch. I am in awe!!!!

Maybe it's been asked, but did you ever submit to White's, win any contests, etc.???

Holy cow, what more can anyone say???? I hadn't seen this before, and just read the whole 18 pages plus the links threads and videos as I ate my lunch. I am in awe!!!!

Maybe it's been asked, but did you ever submit to White's, win any contests, etc.???

Thanks Vermonster. :cheers: I did submit the story to White's and got a gift certificate for $100 from them if memory serves. The story is posted somewhere on their website.

BTW, for anyone who wants to see more videos from that site, check out my YouTube channel: Metal Detecting NWGA. Just look for the ones with "Honey Hole" in the title. I recorded several hunts from last year with some big silver finds.

Thanks Vermonster. :cheers: I did submit the story to White's and got a gift certificate for $100 from them if memory serves. The story is posted somewhere on their website.

BTW, for anyone who wants to see more videos from that site, check out my YouTube channel: Metal Detecting NWGA. Just look for the ones with "Honey Hole" in the title. I recorded several hunts from last year with some big silver finds.

Cool, will check it out with my boys tonight....... :cool:

Just reading this story for the first time.. It's amazing to say the least. This is everybodys dream find.

Have you hunted the site with other types of detectors? It would be interesting to see if anything else turns up. I'll volunteer my F44 :D I'm less than 2 hours away.

Just reading this story for the first time.. It's amazing to say the least. This is everybodys dream find.

Have you hunted the site with other types of detectors? It would be interesting to see if anything else turns up. I'll volunteer my F44 :D I'm less than 2 hours away.

Thanks! :cheers: Lets see.. It has been hunted with the Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030, Explorer, XP Deus, White's V3i, XLT, Garrett ATpro, and even a few entry level units like the F2, Ace 250, and a Coinmaster which were used by my family members. We've also turned the dirt with a bobcat and re-detected it multiple times from every different angle with those machines. I've actually been detecting there regularly for nearly 5 years now. Unfortunately targets have finally started to dry up there.

Amazing finds :) I am just glad to read your story :) Thanks for sharing !!1

Back
Top Bottom