Finally the Ground has Thawed - I Found Some Cool Copper Jewelry!

Wolf-Dog

Elite Member
Well, it's been a looong winter (like always) in Minnesota! But at long last, the ground has started to finally thaw out - well, at least during the day. It still freezes again at night sometimes as it does still get to the low 30s. :(

Anyway, made it out a couple times last week with my new detector, headphones, & digger from my gift exchange partner last year (Silversmith45), and my new pinpointer which my brother (Torpedo) bought me for Christmas. :cool3: Didn't find much the first hunt, as it was at my neighbor's house which we've already detected before, but I did manage a penny. :lol:

Then, Sunday after church, Dad brought my sister (Princess) & I to a tot-lot. We stayed there for about 2 hours and we did pretty well. I found $0.86, and 2 jewelry items I believe to be copper. The ring was a pleasant surprise, about the size of a dime and it showed up as a copper penny/dime. The copper bracelet is the first bracelet I've found, and it looks like it almost matches the design on the ring! :D

Thank you for looking, happy hunting, and God bless! :D
March 31, 2019 - Copper Ring & Braclet (Resized).jpg

Last edited:
Awesome Jewelry, coins are nice to find, but I like to see and find all the cool little relics, nice hunt, and keep on "pluggin"....HH!! :D :cool:

Great finds! I’m glad you were able to get out..
Thank you, Tom! :D It definitely felt good to get out again. :yes:

Congrats Wolf!!! I like that bracelet!!!
Thanks, Worm! :D It is kind of a neat design. :yes:

Awesome Jewelry, coins are nice to find, but I like to see and find all the cool little relics, nice hunt, and keep on "pluggin"....HH!! :D :cool:
Thanks, RebelProspector! :D They were a lot of fun to find. :yes:

Really nice finds!
Thank you, ToySoldier! :D

Nice getting out. Looks like they cleaned up great
Thanks, Big T! :D They were both right under the first layer of wood chips, so I'm guessing they weren't there long. :mder:

"Thank you, Trapper! Now I just need to find some old properties to try to catch up to your totals!"

First thank you for the kind words, they are appreciated.
Garrett if you stay in this hobby long enough you will surly pass my lifetime accomplishments. You know I hope this really does occur. I would mean your commitment and dedication to this hobby is unbreakable. It would mean also that you have the ability to learn and to understand you tools completely. Also that you can adjust to circumstances as they occur. Hope that you can experience all the joy and adventures that I have had over the years and to be able to share those time with your family. Trapper

That's a really cool arrow ring, and bracelet too. BIG Congrats.
Thank you, mdtrapper! :D I was really excited to find them. :yes:

First thank you for the kind words, they are appreciated.
Garrett if you stay in this hobby long enough you will surly pass my lifetime accomplishments. You know I hope this really does occur. I would mean your commitment and dedication to this hobby is unbreakable. It would mean also that you have the ability to learn and to understand you tools completely. Also that you can adjust to circumstances as they occur. Hope that you can experience all the joy and adventures that I have had over the years and to be able to share those time with your family. Trapper
I really appreciate your kind and thoughtful reply, Trapper. :yes:

I really do love this hobby, and I especially like all the history that goes along with it. I hope to enjoy many, many more hours MDing God's beautiful world that He has created for us! :mder: :detector:

Yep, that's pretty cool. Nice find!
Thank you, Vermontster! :D

I was actually reading about Vermont in Geography yesterday. :lol:

Last edited:
Congratulations, Wolf-Dog, on your first finds of the season! May this be the start of an exciting new year metal detecting. I look forward to joining in with you and Princess this year. Love, Dad :D

Back
Top Bottom