Forum is slow to post or reply to messages.

Rattlehead

Forum Supporter
Everything else is loading fast, but it hangs up for 20-40 seconds when posting, resulting in double posts. I noticed the same thing happening on my forum which runs on the same software. I’m guessing some new version of php or something else was recently updated and isn’t playing nice with this forum software?

It has happened to me for a couple days now, I had to restart the wireless router at home cause I thought it was on my end :laughing:

It has happened to me for a couple days now, I had to restart the wireless router at home cause I thought it was on my end :laughing:

I did the same thing thinking it was on my end... I think its getting better.. didn't take me long to send a private message just now last week it was upwards of 20 seconds... thought I was having a flashback to dial up on AOL :lol:

I thought it was odd that it started happening on two different forums at the same time, both running VB3. Made me think maybe it was a system package that updated and wasn't playing nice with these older versions of vBulletin, but I optimized MySQL last night which seems to have fixed it, so I guess it was just coincidence.

Yeah, I think many of us thought it was our own home systems or computers. I know I did!

It is kind of funny that not than many years ago I hardly knew what the "Internet" was, now we are so dependent on it!

My forum is doing it again today. Pages load fast, but posting a topic or reply takes forever. I come here and this forum is doing it again too. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me as well.... I thought it was on my end... it sucks doing registrations and waiting for up to 30 seconds for each one...

My forum is doing it again today. Pages load fast, but posting a topic or reply takes forever. I come here and this forum is doing it again too. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me as well.... I thought it was on my end... it sucks doing registrations and waiting for up to 30 seconds for each one...

So, it's just me!! :no:

Thought it was a problem with my system.

Everything seems to be running smoothly this morning. Maybe it was some maintenance activity at the server farm where the forum is hosted?

Just checked my forum and its still slow to post this morning. Seems strange that all the websites I visit running vBulletin 3 are effected at the same time. I noticed mine being slow to post yesterday, then came here and noticed the exact same thing. My wife also has a website running VB3. Same thing.

This older vBulletin software also requires an older version of PHP. I think I'm still using PHP 5.something. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. I actually prefer this older vB layout and really don't want to have to upgrade but its looking like I might have to.

{edit} Still slow to post here too.

Just checked my forum and its still slow to post this morning. Seems strange that all the websites I visit running vBulletin 3 are effected at the same time. I noticed mine being slow to post yesterday, then came here and noticed the exact same thing. My wife also has a website running VB3. Same thing.

This older vBulletin software also requires an older version of PHP. I think I'm still using PHP 5.something. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. I actually prefer this older vB layout and really don't want to have to upgrade but its looking like I might have to.

Its 3:32 here moving around forum very fast but still bogs down while posting and doing registrations...

What a person can do. When this happens. Is try to repost (when forum is in holding pattern) and watch what happens. Duplicate reminder comes up. And 1st post is loaded. System gets untangled, for whatever reason.

Back
Top Bottom