• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Token Butchery!!!

teotwawki12

Elite Member
Man....why do people do what they do when they should be quite aware than decades down the road others will be digging up their stuff???

Anyway.. wife went to an old house tonight (1800's I'm sure; field stone foundation) to look at a spinning wheel she might buy for all the stinky angora rabbits in our garage..... :no: ….I was given permission to beep around for an hour or two in the meantime.

I've never found a cigar token before, so finding this one with....whatever it is...they did to it was disappointing. As you can see by the marks, I made a feeble attempt to pry/pull/gouge the metal out of the middle (to no avail). I'm sure it would have left a ghastly hole anyway...

But on the bright side, my other notable find was this cool chauffeur's badge. Was pretty crusty but gave it a 15 minute bath in lemon juice and...voila! Makes my sadness at the butchered cigar token a bit easier to swallow....

Attachments

• DSCN0250 (1280x960).jpg
    DSCN0250 (1280x960).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 292
  • DSCN0249 (1280x960).jpg
    DSCN0249 (1280x960).jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
You have a one-of-a-kind cigar token. Looks like someone riveted that sucker! Better to leave it as is. The badge, now, is crazy cool! There's a thread in one of these forum categories for posting chauffer badges. If you can find it, you should post yours there. Awesome!

You have a one-of-a-kind cigar token. Looks like someone riveted that sucker! Better to leave it as is. The badge, now, is crazy cool! There's a thread in one of these forum categories for posting chauffer badges. If you can find it, you should post yours there. Awesome!

Hey, that's a very cool thread. Just looked at 'em all. Gonna have to bump it.... thanks

You have a one-of-a-kind cigar token.

Agreed - definitely gives it a unique character in it’s own Frankenstein, mutilated way! I’m a sucker for tokens, so I’m clearly biased, but to me there’s no such thing as an ugly token :grin:

Chauffeur’s badge is fantastic...I’d love to get that into my bucket!

Back
Top Bottom