• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Had to happen....

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
The silver streak came to an abrupt halt with this weeks CRH. 5 boxes yielded no silver. :p:p But it was not without its interesting coins.

All the boxes contained some NIFCs.....14 NIFCs were recovered and 9 added to KT's effort to complete a roll of all NIFCs for the year....several rolls now completed and some rolls only 1 to 2 coins off. There was 1 2017 and a 2018, so those rolls are slowly growing.

Box 1 gave up a pretty Au-plated Ken, this one not counter struck...usually they are.

Box 2 contained 1 nice 87 Ken, and a 2000 Ken that must have been broken free of a mint set very recently....it shows little to no circulation markings, so KT thinks He may have caught it on the first cycle through after it was dumped! KT likes how clean and lustrous it is so it goes into the oddities tube, despite not being a rare coin....condition is rare, not mintage! :lol::lol:

Only 1 picture this week, but the Royal Camera did better than average on the image as KT captured all 3 of those keepers on one image! Enjoy and best of luck to all in the weeks to come!:D:D

Attachments

• CRH 04 18 2019 1 87 Ken 1 Au-plated Ken 1 mint set Ken.jpg
    CRH 04 18 2019 1 87 Ken 1 Au-plated Ken 1 mint set Ken.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 407
The silver streak came to an abrupt halt with this weeks CRH. 5 boxes yielded no silver. :p:p But it was not without its interesting coins.

All the boxes contained some NIFCs.....14 NIFCs were recovered and 9 added to KT's effort to complete a roll of all NIFCs for the year....several rolls now completed and some rolls only 1 to 2 coins off. There was 1 2017 and a 2018, so those rolls are slowly growing.

Box 1 gave up a pretty Au-plated Ken, this one not counter struck...usually they are.

Box 2 contained 1 nice 87 Ken, and a 2000 Ken that must have been broken free of a mint set very recently....it shows little to no circulation markings, so KT thinks He may have caught it on the first cycle through after it was dumped! KT likes how clean and lustrous it is so it goes into the oddities tube, despite not being a rare coin....condition is rare, not mintage! :lol::lol:

Only 1 picture this week, but the Royal Camera did better than average on the image as KT captured all 3 of those keepers on one image! Enjoy and best of luck to all in the weeks to come!:D:D

Congrats on some interesting finds even without the Ag. My credit union got their delivery late so I thought I was out of luck but they just called to say it arrived so off I go. I’ll report back on any findings.

Congrats on some interesting finds even without the Ag. My credit union got their delivery late so I thought I was out of luck but they just called to say it arrived so off I go. I’ll report back on any findings.

Well, KT had hoped you had some silver coming, but He read the results of your efforts drew a blank....unfortunately it hits all of us, as you can see from His Majesty's results this week. Better luck next week!;);)

What does NIFC mean?

It is a term used that means Not Intended For Circulation. In particular, half dollars starting in 2002 to present that have been minted in small numbers, around 2 million a year, that were never sent to us banks for general circulation. There are other more specialized mintages that are even fewer for those and other years, like commemorative halves, and mint and proof set halves that fit that general definition, but in general, NIFC is resticted to the definition above. 1987 was a test year where the mint tried making around 2 million halves and sending them out to banks, but collectors got wind of the low mint numbers and snapped them up...so tho scarce, they do not fit the definition.;);):D

It is a term used that means Not Intended For Circulation. In particular, half dollars starting in 2002 to present that have been minted in small numbers, around 2 million a year, that were never sent to us banks for general circulation. There are other more specialized mintages that are even fewer for those and other years, like commemorative halves, and mint and proof set halves that fit that general definition, but in general, NIFC is resticted to the definition above. 1987 was a test year where the mint tried making around 2 million halves and sending them out to banks, but collectors got wind of the low mint numbers and snapped them up...so tho scarce, they do not fit the definition.;);):D

Ok, Thank You!!

Back
Top Bottom