• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Goods in the Woods

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
CS1 and I met up to hunt the woods where a certain someone found a big old silver last weekend.
We hoped there might be another coin or two lurking.
Temps hit the mid 40's but we were not blessed with silver.

After about 90 minutes, Dewsweeper and IDX Monster showed up and it was a regular party in the woods:lol:

I squeaked out 2 wheaties and an old Boy Scout pin pat'd 1911.

Hopefully the other guys will have some things to add here:D

Attachments

• 1-20-18 Woods dudes.jpg
    1-20-18 Woods dudes.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 649
  • 1-20-18 BSA pin.jpg
    1-20-18 BSA pin.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 581
  • 1-20-18 BSA pin rev.jpg
    1-20-18 BSA pin rev.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 593
  • 1-20-18 woods.jpg
    1-20-18 woods.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 599
It was a nice hunt today sorry to say I only found some modern clad šŸ™ Thanks for lunch Matt šŸ‘šŸ»

Well I for one was happy to see Mattmitt again this week and got to shake CS1's hand for the first time . at that point I see CS1's big honkin seated half dollar dangling from his neck šŸ‘€. Wow ! He even let me touch it! I then just followed him around the woods in hopes it fell off.
Keeper targets are so thin in this patch of woods but it's the only somewhat diggable ground I know of . No Earth shattering finds and the high ground is frozen up tighter then I'd care to chase anything but a sure thing.
I did increase my clad by a little for 2018 and grabbed a couple wheaties. Had an old speed clip , a set of keys a pocket full of !!!! and aluminum cans
Happy as a lark just getting out as usual .
iDX made the trip as you can see and I was able to get him to autograph my Etrac šŸ‘. Thinking about listing it for CTX kinda money on eBay and use it to buy an XP Dues . šŸ˜Ž
The snowman Matt built lasted about an hour after he left . Some mean kids smashed it . šŸ˜ After Kevin got drilled with a snowball we had to retreat and little frosty met his doom .
What a great day.
, Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1666.jpg
    IMG_1666.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 584
Autographed WHAATT? Not after today buddy,I was happy to see wheat! Wound up with 6 or them,3 three ringers (one escaped somewhere in my car) a little clad,a pot pipe,an ā€œOsmoplasticā€ something token from 1957 and a cuff link that broke in my pocket cuz I didnā€™t listen to Matt!:lol: Dammit!! Oh well,it was fun,and good to see you guys again. That Seated half on Scott...holy freaking MOLY man! First one Iā€™ve seen in person and it didnā€™t disappoint! Maybe one day....
Stay warm fellas,itā€™s not too long now until the mad stampede can continue!

Attachments

• 0ECAC910-62F6-4BEC-984B-55176D04F3F5.jpg
    0ECAC910-62F6-4BEC-984B-55176D04F3F5.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 521
Autographed WHAATT? Not after today buddy,I was happy to see wheat! Wound up with 6 or them,3 three ringers (one escaped somewhere in my car) a little clad,a pot pipe,an ā€œOsmoplasticā€ something token from 1957 and a cuff link that broke in my pocket cuz I didnā€™t listen to Matt!:lol: Dammit!! Oh well,it was fun,and good to see you guys again. That Seated half on Scott...holy freaking MOLY man! First one Iā€™ve seen in person and it didnā€™t disappoint! Maybe one day....

Well Kev , 5 wheats smokes my finds ... what does that cuflink say ? I almost flipped when I thaught I saw a GW memorial urn on it .. I was all fired up this morning when I shot you a text and you said you were on the move .
As usual you took the boys to school today bud .
Any keepers in January are multiplied by ten in my book.
šŸ˜Ž
Oh nice dog whistle šŸ‘
, Dew

Well I for one was happy to see Mattmitt again this week and got to shake CS1's hand for the first time . at that point I see CS1's big honkin seated half dollar dangling from his neck ��. Wow ! He even let me touch it! I then just followed him around the woods in hopes it fell off.
Keeper targets are so thin in this patch of woods but it's the only somewhat diggable ground I know of . No Earth shattering finds and the high ground is frozen up tighter then I'd care to chase anything but a sure thing.
I did increase my clad by a little for 2018 and grabbed a couple wheaties. Had an old speed clip , a set of keys a pocket full of !!!! and aluminum cans
Happy as a lark just getting out as usual .
iDX made the trip as you can see and I was able to get him to autograph my Etrac ��. Thinking about listing it for CTX kinda money on eBay and use it to buy an XP Dues . ��
The snowman Matt built lasted about an hour after he left . Some mean kids smashed it . �� After Kevin got drilled with a snowball we had to retreat and little frosty met his doom .
What a great day.
, Dew
Fantastic time as always and next time I will build a snowman army!

Good to see you too IDX, I cannot believe you didn't put that pre-1900 gold plated cufflink in your car like I said (twice). oh well, some guys only care about silver:lol:

It was a nice hunt today sorry to say I only found some modern clad šŸ™ Thanks for lunch Matt šŸ‘šŸ»

Hey .. no sad faces aloud on any day you can get Matt to buy Lunch!
I'd love to have gone and picked your brain for a wile . You have many more years under your belt then I . I can only imagine some of he cool adventures and stories you have to share .

Its January and we gotta deal with this winter thing for a couple more months. Then it's wet knees and slop ... but then it's lush green grass . I had a great time today.
, Dew

Back
Top Bottom