Goods in the Woods

Nice finds and fellowship!

I seem to remember an old scout camp near Lake Geneva.

Hey .. no sad faces aloud on any day you can get Matt to buy Lunch!
I'd love to have gone and picked your brain for a wile . You have many more years under your belt then I . I can only imagine some of he cool adventures and stories you have to share .

Its January and we gotta deal with this winter thing for a couple more months. Then it's wet knees and slop ... but then it's lush green grass . I had a great time today.
, Dew

After hunting today and seeing COLLECTIVELY what everyone found,it solidifies my reasoning for a strategy change this year. It would seem that there are ALOT more good finds still out there that are NOT silver than there is silver itself. What does that mean? It’s pretty simple. Starting to dig solid repeatable non-jumpy targets further down the scale,ESPECIALLY in old sites that could have something stupidly good in them. I’ll obviously dig those really high conductors but this year won’t be about a silver count,it’ll be about QUALITY of finds. I’m getting quite sure that there’s a good amount of gold laying around,along with other “non-coin” items that could hold value. I say this mainly because of the way I hunt,and knowing lots of other guys tend to gravitate to Indians and higher. We will see how long I stick to this “diet”...:grin:

at that point I see CS1's big honkin seated half dollar dangling from his neck [emoji102]. Wow ! He even let me touch it! I then just followed him around the woods in hopes it fell off.

, Dew

I just laughed as I imagined you walking around waiting for it to fall off! Great story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just laughed as I imagined you walking around waiting for it to fall off! Great story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know , I know .. I should be ashamed of my self . But it was not all cleaned and just beutiful.
Wish I woulda took a pic .
,Dew

Nice digs fellas! Cant wait til the parks and ballfields thaw out, the woods are great dont get me wrong, but it seems ALOT tougher to leave with old coins sometimes. Congrats an good luck out there gentlemen!

That's cool that you all got out for a nice little group hunt in the woods. Congrats on everyone's finds. That Barber half was a jaw dropper!

Nice digs fellas! Cant wait til the parks and ballfields thaw out, the woods are great dont get me wrong, but it seems ALOT tougher to leave with old coins sometimes. Congrats an good luck out there gentlemen!

Ya , you said it CD . Just blessed to be able to hunt . Even a wheatie can be treasure . Any fish is better then no fish this time of year . Just because the finds were not jumping from the ground doesn't mean we didn't have our chance to find a keeper . I have been to this spot many times . If we went again today I'd bet someone scores big . Just that kinda place .
The hunt is what it's all about .

Back
Top Bottom