What's the value of a like new Tesoro Tejon?

Dig-Dug

Forum Supporter
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not - Mods, please move if not.

I'm thinking of selling my Tesoro Tejon since it doesn't get any use. Like new, used twice, the gray model with stock 9x8 coil, coil cover and cool camo cover :lol:. Perfect condition with original box.

Any idea on value? Thanks.

Dig-Dug,

I moved your thread here to Advice. Should you decide to sell, please start a new thread in FS Detectors with an asking price.

Members should not make offers to buy in this thread, only offer advice as to price.

I would advise you to check on "flee-bay" and search tejon and check the sold items box.
Then remember that they get about 13% in fees (seller fee and PP fee). That should give you a good range for what the market is right now.
What it actually sold for it the real price.

Not looking to buy, just giving advice. Good luck :thumbsup:

I would advise you to check on "flee-bay" and search tejon and check the sold items box.
Then remember that they get about 13% in fees (seller fee and PP fee). That should give you a good range for what the market is right now.
What it actually sold for it the real price.
I'm thinking of selling my Tesoro Tejon since it doesn't get any use. Like new, used twice, the gray model with stock 9x8 coil, coil cover and cool camo cover :lol:. Perfect condition with original box.
As Mikey said, you can use eBays search feature to look through the final sale price of tejons and then deduct at least 13% to calculate what they actually received after paying fees.

I use national craigslist search engines to research the list prices of machines. A detector with no signs of use and having the original box will command a premium. I believe once the machine is sold, the warranty is no longer valid. That plays a role in resale value. You may consider sending it to Tesoro for a check up and when they send it back with a clean bill of health, you'll have a receipt that may increase bids.

Anyhow, here is a quick idea from some web searches I just did...
  • eBay had (2) units with the box and accessories that sold for just under $300 and included free shipping. So deduct $39 in fees and $25 for shipping ==> $239 net.
  • CL had (6) nice looking machines listed for $200-450. The higher ones were posted more than a month ago, so they aren't moving at that price.
  • Other Forums had (2) machines that sold in the last six months. One unit was absolutely mint and sold for $300 shipped. The other unit was beat to death for $175.

G/L!

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not - Mods, please move if not.

If I may ask, what are you using in preference to the Tejon? I have an old Tejon and it is a good machine--fast, light and good depth--but I find myself using my Etrac or Nox most of the time.

I believe I paid $250 for my Tejon (some time back) but it was in far from new condition. I think Tesoro still provides a lifetime warranty, so its used machines are pretty solid bets.

If I may ask, what are you using in preference to the Tejon? I have an old Tejon and it is a good machine--fast, light and good depth--but I find myself using my Etrac or Nox most of the time.

I believe I paid $250 for my Tejon (some time back) but it was in far from new condition. I think Tesoro still provides a lifetime warranty, so its used machines are pretty solid bets.

Lifetime warranty is for original purchaser only now days.

I’ve had two Compadres for 4+ years without issue... one new, one used.

Wouldn’t mind something with a bigger coil....Nox! :lol:

Well, it's been a longggg time since I've been on the forum. Sorry for the delay! I typically hunt with the ctx or at pro. The tejon is collecting dust but I think I'm going to keep it anyway. Maybe one day I'll use it again.

Back
Top Bottom