• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Problem with Equinox 800

Well, I just thought it would prolong how long my battery charge lasted and also that it wouldn't be beeping while I was digging. I take it that I shouldn't be doing that... :shrug: :lol:

Just wanted to add: It's like when I lay a flashlight down - I turn it off when not actively using it.

I sweep my target hole two or three times while I'm digging it. Electronics are like engines for the most part... they'll cost you more in the long run by restarting every time versus leaving running.... kinda like a power button.

I do like jmaclen, I leave the machine on , and put the coil away from the hole so I don't get noise from my pointer. Also, good to hear about the battery life on the 800, I am in the market for a new detector, looking strong at the nox 800.

Really

Coming across strong here maybe but,,,simply don't guess about not turning a detector off, in-between digging holes, stay on. I have never ever read or heard of anyone ever turning off the detector like that since being in the hobby. I expect that your on-off switch is now likely fatigued if it has been hammered off and on multiple times during every hunt.

I could not hold back, sorry.

My guess, you are probably the only person in the metal detecting community that turns off his detector while digging. Stop doing that. And yes, the on/off switch is in an inconvenient place, but using it only two times during an 8-hour hunt, I don't mind.
HH everyone

Back
Top Bottom