WildDigger

Elite Member
I have owned a pair of Tony Eisenhower waterproof headphones for a few years now. I even sent them back to Tony because I broke the wire. He rebuilt them to the new specs he is building with Ronnie DeGhetto. But I won a set of Frank Lopergolo's Aqua-Tek waterproof headphones that him and Ronnie DeGhetto are building. These are absolutely awesome! I went signal for signal testing them out Sunday. Every signal I switched headphones to hear the difference. Not only are they louder but Frank doesn't use buzzers he uses a specific speaker. Since I was staying with him for a few days he explained them well. These sound like high end stereo headphones. No flat sounding ear in a tin can sounds like traditional waterproof headphones. I have owned Koss ,Gray ghost and Tony Eisenhower headphones and none compare.
https://thegolddigger.com/collectio...headphones-for-equinox?variant=42301241589977

Last edited:
Look Great and comfortable. Looks like the only thing you need is some Gel ear seals...

Might have to give a pair a spin? Non water hunting i can never get away from the sunray pro golds. Luckily i can use them plugged in to a CTX, DFX, and TDI sl.

Might have to give a pair a spin? Non water hunting i can never get away from the sunray pro golds. Luckily i can use them plugged in to a CTX, DFX, and TDI sl.

Get me a picture of the speakers they use, be interesting to see if anything new has came out the last few years. Sunray Pro's, Black Widows, Gray Ghost and most of the Higher end land head phones use the Audiosears 2463..

I've found for the best performance, speakers are best for the hunters who rely on audio tones, disc mode hunting. Piezo's if setup correct are far superior for the all metal or PI hunter.

Get me a picture of the speakers they use, be interesting to see if anything new has came out the last few years. Sunray Pro's, Black Widows, Gray Ghost and most of the Higher end land head phones use the Audiosears 2463..

I've found for the best performance, speakers are best for the hunters who rely on audio tones, disc mode hunting. Piezo's if setup correct are far superior for the all metal or PI hunter.

Joe they are for sure Audiosears. I even try to find old military phones for cheap. But around here anything military will cost you a bunch. Wish i would have stockpiled Phrobis III bayonettes when they were cheap. I'd be rich now!

Those look really nice. Just checked the website, might not be shipping orders til October. Looked around, couldn't find anywhere else that has them for sale. I'll be in the market for waterproof nox headphones within the next few weeks. Hopefully there will be other stock then. Thanks for sharing!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220222-164446_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220222-164446_Samsung Internet.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 840
As a friend of Tony Eisenhower and having a set for all of my machines I can say that they are simply amazing. Tony doesn't 1/2 A55 anything and the quality is in the minor details of his product.

LS Pelso's are killer for nox' up to neck deep/wading use (Laszlo's from Hungary), Patriots are very loud w/nox and high quality for underwater use.

Those look really nice. Just checked the website, might not be shipping orders til October. Looked around, couldn't find anywhere else that has them for sale. I'll be in the market for waterproof nox headphones within the next few weeks. Hopefully there will be other stock then. Thanks for sharing!

They are only being sold through ThevGold Digger MD at the moment. Contact him they have some. Frank is building them as fast as he can. Only being made for the Equinox and CTX at the moment.

As a friend of Tony Eisenhower and having a set for all of my machines I can say that they are simply amazing. Tony doesn't 1/2 A55 anything and the quality is in the minor details of his product.

No doubt. Ronnie has a contract with Tony. He has a contract with Frank too. Frank uses a different technology than Tony. All waterproof headphones use buzzer plates. These are not Buzzers.

LS Pelso's are killer for nox' up to neck deep/wading use (Laszlo's from Hungary), Patriots are very loud w/nox and high quality for underwater use.

Don't get Patriots wet. They are not truly waterproof. Every person I know that has had them says that as well.

Wouldn't recommend the Grey Ghost Amphibians for the Nox. You will think you are going deaf. Fixing to mod mine with Audiosears in a custom made blister pack like you get pills in to see how it carries the sound.

Kapi likes the speakers i made using coin capsules. But i am afraid she is wrecking her hearing with them cranked up. I can hear her headphones from 100 feet away. Lol!

Kapi likes the speakers i made using coin capsules. But i am afraid she is wrecking her hearing with them cranked up. I can hear her headphones from 100 feet away. Lol!
She's, a She Pirate for sure..:pirate:

I can tell you for a fact OBN the new Black Widows have horrible speakers. If I was getting new phones they would be Tony E.

Tony even offered to swap out my new Black Widows at a reasonable cost.

Last edited:
I have new set of Thresher waterproof headphones I recently picked up from Ronnie DeGhetto. I’ve been using them on my Equinox 800 for the last couple of months and they have performed exceptionally well. If you had a set in your hands for inspection, I feel most of you would agree that these headphones are quality built and are very rugged.

A lower profile headphone when compared to the Koss waterproof headphones. The Thresher’s have a long cord that gives you some latitude and serious flexibility, even in cold temperatures. Of course, it mates perfectly with the Equinox’s Holn waterproof connecting port.

There are two things that I personally like about these headphones. First, they are super comfortable and have soft pliable ear pads. Like the cord, the pads remain very flexible and comfortable in cold temperatures. The pads do an excellent job in eliminating ambient noise from the environment and surf. And lastly, I get super volume out of the Threshers. I personally struggled with my old headphones but the Thresher headphones have far exceeded my expectations for a corded unit.

The Threshers are reportedly good for 200’ underwater. Personally, I have not submerged these headphone because its winter here in Virginia. Honestly, my Equinox warranty will run out before too long and I’m not sure I want to risk submerging my Equinox and flooding it again. So I may never know the underwater capability of these headphones. Because of this, I plan to use my new Excalibur II exclusively in the water.

For me, the Threshers have really complimented my Equinox. I’m not saying that all others are inferior but I’m not giving these headphones up and I’m more than satisfied with its quality and performance.

Just my 2 cents.

I have new set of Thresher waterproof headphones I recently picked up from Ronnie DeGhetto. I’ve been using them on my Equinox 800 for the last couple of months and they have performed exceptionally well. If you had a set in your hands for inspection, I feel most of you would agree that these headphones are quality built and are very rugged.

A lower profile headphone when compared to the Koss waterproof headphones. The Thresher’s have a long cord that gives you some latitude and serious flexibility, even in cold temperatures. Of course, it mates perfectly with the Equinox’s Holn waterproof connecting port.

There are two things that I personally like about these headphones. First, they are super comfortable and have soft pliable ear pads. Like the cord, the pads remain very flexible and comfortable in cold temperatures. The pads do an excellent job in eliminating ambient noise from the environment and surf. And lastly, I get super volume out of the Threshers. I personally struggled with my old headphones but the Thresher headphones have far exceeded my expectations for a corded unit.

The Threshers are reportedly good for 200’ underwater. Personally, I have not submerged these headphone because its winter here in Virginia. Honestly, my Equinox warranty will run out before too long and I’m not sure I want to risk submerging my Equinox and flooding it again. So I may never know the underwater capability of these headphones. Because of this, I plan to use my new Excalibur II exclusively in the water.

For me, the Threshers have really complimented my Equinox. I’m not saying that all others are inferior but I’m not giving these headphones up and I’m more than satisfied with its quality and performance.

Just my 2 cents.

The Treshers are made by Tony Eisenhower BTW. That is the new name for them. They use flat plates. When people hear the new Aqua-Tek they will be amazes.

Back
Top Bottom