Cocoa Beach FL airshow

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
The Cocoa Air show brought lots of depositors but it also brought TONS of detectorists. I lost track of the # of detectors i saw during the day and there were close to 10 each night. I did two recoveries while out there and recycled about 2-1/2 gallons of of trash. The photo worthy stuff is shown... couple of coins, costume / silver junk. Factor in fuel and im negative $92.00. [emoji38]

Will be back in Daytona and Jax this week so maybe better luck. Cheers!
6e8ee65780228cc79ae40f3a7b2ed87d.jpg

29c343d5b45ff3b8e8ce6d8551cbe78c.jpg

13ff85e1197f46d74ccd9ab095abb961.jpg

7ab86c85b08d1f7b2d3a518d0796656f.jpg

16f9c186537e6b45b6550c7e7e2ba8b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just remember David - its not about the finds its about the detecting! :lol:

Cool finds, and nice pics! Dont think Ive ever hunted with that many swingers, but Im sure there is still stuff there that they missed. Nice guitar tuning peg!

Cool finds, and nice pics! Dont think Ive ever hunted with that many swingers, but Im sure there is still stuff there that they missed. Nice guitar tuning peg!
Wonder what happened to the rest of the guitar??? Lol

Thats the thing about Florida, even in the worst conditions there will be a dozen locals and two dozen tourists that are still out there swinging.

That is part of the reason I quit ringfinders. Almost every referral I received was a wacko or someone that had lost their item on a beach days/weeks prior to their phone call to me. I never made one successful return on a beach item that was lost more than 1-tide cycle back. And its not for lack of skill or equipment, its the fact you can look at beach cams and count detectorists hitting rhe same spot over and over throughout the day.

I dont think ive deen another detector in weeks. Hunted a massive beach cut tonight and no one to be seen, picked up $50 in clad, dilver and one gold ring. Wonder what gives?

Wonder what happened to the rest of the guitar??? Lol

Thats the thing about Florida, even in the worst conditions there will be a dozen locals and two dozen tourists that are still out there swinging.

That is part of the reason I quit ringfinders. Almost every referral I received was a wacko or someone that had lost their item on a beach days/weeks prior to their phone call to me. I never made one successful return on a beach item that was lost more than 1-tide cycle back. And its not for lack of skill or equipment, its the fact you can look at beach cams and count detectorists hitting rhe same spot over and over throughout the day.

Most are just hoping they find the gold ring that nobody swung over.
Same mentality as playing the slot machines or the lottery.

Back
Top Bottom