Gold rings and GoPro camera

Just take it to his door. Tell him you found it and showed video from it to people on the beach and someone recognized him and pointed you in his direction. That way he will feel better about his privacy and you'll get to return it.

... That way he will feel better about his privacy and you'll get to return it.

Howdy Tom, I can run the license plate, I'll shoot you a message now.

EDIT: Nevermind, I should have read through all the replies first, just saw you got squared away.

Coin-saver & Chris : Thanx for joining in on my Sherlock Holmes mystery. Yes, the connection has been made now. Got hold of him last night. He's real happy to get it back. I will make a separate post of how it went down .

Put the name in mylife.com its amazing what is in there on everyone...

Cfmct : Thanx for setting me straight on being careful with telling someone "I ran your plate", blah blah. Because, even though in OUR MIND'S EYES (as md'rs), we think that no one would think twice about that (ie.: it was for a noble purpose). But how do we know the other person thinks that way ?

When I make a followup post, I'll give some allusions as to how this conversation went down. Because, yes, as you can imagine .... One of the first questions out of his mouth was : "How did you find me ??" Doh !

Definitely go to his door Tom. I did that a couple years ago with a wallet I found. The guy who answered the door said no one by that name lives there and he has lived there for 3 years. Guess the guy moved.

Kob, thanx for your advice on how to find people via computerized digital facial recognition. Crazy technology days we live in !!

:laughing::laughing::laughing: WOW! You DO have a sense of humor, you funny guy, you!....

In retrospect, you're right : I have a suspicion that the police are not going to go doing "my errand request". They would probably have just said "Give it to us" (That's the law after all). And they're not obligated to act as a go-between. For example: How do they know that I'm not creating a ruse to meet a car-owner ? And let's be honest: They have bigger fish to fry these days. :roll:

In fact, one time I ran a CL "found" ad, for some freshly lost prescription glasses I found on the beach . Figuring the owner would want them back. And the next morning, I saw an incoming reply email from CL. Turns out that it was the police in this small town !

They were asking if mine matched a certain description . And it turns out these did not match. Apparently they'd had someone come in to the dept., the day before, making a "lost" report . In case anyone turned in found glasses. So the police in turn, had gone to CL, and seen my "found" ad .

After I told them : "Nope, sorry , these aren't a match", I got a rather ...... uh .. "terse" email reply back. The lady cop said something like : "Gee, I suppose you find interesting valuables with your metal detector on the beach here. So, in the future, in order to be in compliance with the laws, please bring them to the police station. If the station is closed after hours, please insert any items of value through the night slot on the door" :wow:

I thought : "What the heck *laws* is she talking about ? :?: ". That's when I looked up CA L&F laws, and saw what she was talking about :roll:

Looks like a fun hunt Tom. Look fwd to some mid to socal beach and high sierra lake hunting this summer - maybe I can find my pinpointer I lost at Sunset SB :laughing:

Congrats on the GoPro. Kudos to you on the return attempt.

Back
Top Bottom