Any stone tool/native American enthusiasts?

Nailfinder85

Anyone interested in seeing a few stone tools/arrowheads from the jersey trip? Or take my rocks somewhere else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck yeah! I would use the category: Caches, Old Bottles, and other treasures. They certainly qualify as other treasures. We see 'em in the help ID section sometimes, but for show and tell, "other treasures" is my advice. Let's see 'em indeed!

Heck yeah! I would use the category: Caches, Old Bottles, and other treasures. They certainly qualify as other treasures. We see 'em in the help ID section sometimes, but for show and tell, "other treasures" is my advice. Let's see 'em indeed!

Great reply^

<°)))>{

After a month or so on here I’d say we could take the “friendly” out of the forum title. I’ll take my rocks somewhere else[emoji23]

After a month or so on here I’d say we could take the “friendly” out of the forum title. I’ll take my rocks somewhere else[emoji23]

People regularly post stuff they find WHILE metal detecting. I can understand why some people might be concerned about the forum losing focus, but that's why they have the "relics and other finds" section. No big deal. Nobody is going crazy that CoinStar and thirft store finds sometimes get posted in the general hobby discussion.

I would like to see your stone tool finds please. Hope to do that one of these days!
I had a collection of arrowheads I bought from a co worker long ago that his dad had picked up walking around the dez in Mexico. Nice points! Well I tucked them away somewhere 20 years ago and forgot where they were! I have not been able to find them, very frustrating. DOH!

there are plenty of posts on here about arrowheads, fossils, and rocks of all sort and I don't recall any complaints from anybody that matters about if it's detecting related. There are posts about found turkeys,apples, and candy bars an nobody is complaining. Were you waiting for a specific amount of replies before you graced us with your pics? Show them or go I don't care, but no one is being "unfriendly" to you. You asked for opinions and got them.

I was hunting a 1600s site and there was so much iron I’d simply find a solid signal and use my pinpointer and hands to sift through the spot.

That’s how I found this tiny bowl that appears to have been carved of bone

Attachments

• 606F0719-C94E-423C-9D27-65CA1B496F65.jpg
    606F0719-C94E-423C-9D27-65CA1B496F65.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 194
  • E8BCF23B-E677-4385-8A50-794A089F41CB.jpg
    E8BCF23B-E677-4385-8A50-794A089F41CB.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 44A15A18-0847-440E-B49D-8C9482035B7B.jpg
    44A15A18-0847-440E-B49D-8C9482035B7B.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 216
I was hunting a 1600s site and there was so much iron I’d simply find a solid signal and use my pinpointer and hands to sift through the spot.

Holy moly. That's awesome.

That’s how I found my only arrowhead. I tend to follow the coil with my eyes and saw it just after I swung over it. I’ll have to try and find a picture of it. Also this while metal detecting
fd011f8a7525ea1d747823abb640ff0f.jpg

If you look in the upper right corner you can see my coil. Two antlers from two different bucks dropped about 5’ apart. I love to see incidental finds

That’s awesome, I have several books and an extensive collection, yet never seen anything like that, I’d love to know more about it. Thanks for sharing!!

That’s how I found my only arrowhead. I tend to follow the coil with my eyes and saw it just after I swung over it. I’ll have to try and find a picture of it. Also this while metal detecting
fd011f8a7525ea1d747823abb640ff0f.jpg

If you look in the upper right corner you can see my coil. Two antlers from two different bucks dropped about 5’ apart. I love to see incidental finds

Awesome man, finding two shed antlers like that is about like finding a unicorn for the average hunter. Antlers are another treasure that I chase all over creation haha

0224ec4b308f4d4ee95d333eff3dda57.jpg
cd2f7c554e412f748eabb09d313f8b58.jpg
37a4e82536eae6a979855446e8e2467a.jpg

My wife found the arrowhead and I found the axe head At an old site I frequented often as a kid. Hadn’t been there in ten years and these were laying there waiting for me. (Golf ball for size comp)

Back
Top Bottom