Incredible 14K diamond solitaire

That is an incredible rock!!! WOW, Not the prettiest ring but that is amazing. Congrats on both of those....I too would love to know what its worth. Take that bad boy in and get it appraised.

I was off on Monday, so I went beeping at a local sports complex. The one that, in my mental narratives, I've been "talking" bad about for months. I've never found a ring here, although I've pulled over 25 rings from another complex ~5 miles down the road. I've found coins and plenty of trash, though.

I've had some of the walkers who lap the place confuse me with some other guy with a metal detector, so I know that there is another beeping dude around.

I had finished scanning the area outside of the left field fence, came around the corner post and began sweeping the outside of the outfield fence. I was digging so much aluminum fence wire that I was wondering if I should start saving it to scrap. Probably not.

I got about 10 yards down the fence line and got a fairly typical fence wire signal, but a bit tighter in the jumps...64-65 on the AT Max. I've read that some (a lot?) of people swing from different angles. I don't do that...if I get a tone, I dig it.

So I plunge my shovel into the dirt and pop a plug. Out pops this:

View attachment 434780

Thought it was a bling ring, because the proportions are just bizarre. I stuck in my "keep" section of my pouch and kept beeping. About 30 minutes later, it was nagging me...I had to get back to my truck and check it out.

I took a break, got a brush, and got most of the dirt off. Here is the non-sonic cleaner view from the dash of my Tahoe:

View attachment 434781

Marked 14K and the diamond is at least 1.5 carats and tests genuine.

That is my largest single diamond to date. About 3-4 months after I started this hobby, I was beeping a fence at a soccer field and popped this monster from about 5 inches, two inches away from the fence:

View attachment 434782

Also marked 14K, and all of the diamonds test genuine. There is a central diamond, all of the "sun ray" baguettes are diamonds, then there are 24 small diamonds in the square around the central field.

I shared the solitaire in a few other threads, but thought I'd repost here...because I'm amazed that--not only could somebody lose something like that, but that I found it.

That solitaire was ring #48 for me since I started in April 2018. Gold ring #8, and diamond ring #6.

Those are CRAZY good finds! And to be pulling this all in the last year, that's awesome! Way-to-go! Eye-popping for sure!

Skippy

Thanks, y'all! I got up at 4 am three times this week to go beep around that ball park. Found a lot of coins and one sterling bracelet, but there have to be more rings there. I plan on getting the rings appraised and will update when I do.

Thanks, y'all! I got up at 4 am three times this week to go beep around that ball park. Found a lot of coins and one sterling bracelet, but there have to be more rings there. I plan on getting the rings appraised and will update when I do.

Any updates on these rings? :?:

Back
Top Bottom