Big silver Bucket lister

What a hunt! Thanks for posting the pictures - they are fantastic.

R.I.P., shovel.
Thanks fb! I always like to take the best pictures I can....makes for a better story when it's well illustrated! Normally I don't get many in-situ or in the clump photos but the coins were stuck to the dirt which had to be pried off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Awesome Barber Half! Glad you could get a date off it. I agree, she's slick, but all dug halves are beautiful in my book.
Thanks Stiff! It's funny, I was telling my friend that I'd never dug a Barber half before after he had mentioned digging one in that town....reverse jinxed myself or something!

Great finds! By the looks of the coins you found, I would say that this spot warrants many more return trips! Good luck!
Thanks milco! We are going to hit it again in the spring! Looking forward to it that's for sure.

Is that a samson shovel? Ive never seen anyone bend a samson like that..

Nice digs for sure!
Thanks relichead! It is 31" Sampson Lesche that I had my brother modify since I had already bent it really bad once before. The part just above the spade is a really large bolt welded in there instead of the hollow tube. Looks like it cracked and bent at the weld.

Time to upgrade on the shovel.... I would get the Predator, it's dug 10s of thousands of holes and sharpened and re-sharpened. There is nothing better. Nice finds, awesome hunt. I have also found a few cents over the years that are bulged just like this. Is this from someone shooting it? Just wondering.
Thanks Kh! I've got a predator but I didn't want to bring it and wreck it. This older shovel has been fixed once before and was already bent so I figured I'd give my brother an excuse to fix it for me.

That is dedication - I’m glad it paid off.

I use a surplus Army e-tool to dig with, and it works great.

It’s also less imposing than a full-length shovel.

Awesome digs!!! I love the old silvers , but I also love love love seeing those old Canadian large pennies. They just don't come around that often , for me anyways.
And is that a Lesch you bent up?????!!!! Holy hard dirt !!!!!!!!
I'd say it was worth it though.
Congrats again on the saves.

Oh yeah , please hold that cold stuff in your area for just a few more weeks so my dirt doesn't get that hard.......

Congrats some sweet digs there. Ground frozen 6" down means it's been already a hard cold winter for me and I'm in the house refusing to go out.:grin:

This spring I believe that will be a very productive spot for you

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Living up to your forum name I see! Getting frozen here too. I like the pics of the coins in frozen clumps. Love the super slick half dollar, and the old cent variety!

That is dedication - I’m glad it paid off.

I use a surplus Army e-tool to dig with, and it works great.

It’s also less imposing than a full-length shovel.
Thanks Seawolf! It was hateful trying to dig that frozen ground but it was well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom