Hello from Swampscott MA!

ThatGuyAgain

Forum Supporter
Hey all! I'm Brent. I'm based on Boston's North Shore in Swampscott. I just bought an Equinox 800 and am getting into the hobby. I mostly drive down to RI and hunt the beaches in Newport and Portsmouth, but I've been meaning to get out more in MA once I get a handle on the regulations and how to get permission for the beaches around here. So far I have mostly found coins, but I seem to have a strange talent for finding lost tools too. I found a hammer, three chisels, a prybar, and an old nail puller all in the same week at two different sites :laughing:.

Welcome to the hobby and forum from Pittsburgh, Pa. The 800 will serve you well and you have some great historical hunting grounds as well. Good luck, Mark

Yeah, as of a few years ago you need written permission from the area supervisor for any state parks or forests and anything run by the department of conservation and recreation.

Yeah, as of a few years ago you need written permission from the area supervisor for any state parks or forests and anything run by the department of conservation and recreation.

If you have found an actual written statement, to that effect, then play close attention : Is that an actual codified rule or law ? I mean : Does it have a chapter and verse citation # that actually says such a thing ? Or is it merely the answer given in some sort of FAQ ?

If it is the latter, then it's nothing more than "commentary". Not law or rule.

And I have a SNEAKING SUSPICION of how that came to be. Care to take a guess ?? :mad:

Back
Top Bottom