200th Silver coin for the year!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
I have done a bit of detecting this week, trying to get to 200 silver coins for 2021. Headed up to Missoula earlier in the week and found 3 Silver GW Quarters and a Silver Rosie, to get me to 198 shiny coins. With rain headed our way next week, and a somewhat busy schedule, yesterday I decided to drive up to Missoula even though I would get there @ 4.30 pm with darkness arriving a bit after 6.30 pm.

Started in on one 1950 corner home, the EMI was bad, everywhere in the yard, but not so bad that I couldn't squeak out a few wheat cents and a 1928-S Merc Dime. I got the OK at the adjacent home, but the EMI there was horrific! Ah... an electrical substation inside a concrete block bldg right in the corner of the property. Too bad... a juicy early 1940's home with lots of lawn.

I then headed diagonally from the corner to another 1940's home, nice guy there gave the go ahead. I was battling a built up soil yard with unmowed grass, but the AT Pro really came thru. I started in on the edge of the sidewalk going up to the house, at the street side, and immediately got a good signal. Turned out to be a wheat cent, but I rechecked the hole, got another good signal, and pulled a 1951-S Silver Rosie. My 200th shiny! The next grid produced a couple of more wheaties and a 1950-S Rosie, so #201 was in my pocket.

Am thankful and happy to have hit a couple of goals this year... 1,000 silver coins with the AT Pro in 5 years of detecting, and my 200th silver for the year. Thank you for your interest!

Pics show my last 10 silvers, a few I'd already put away into coin holders, the 200th shiny is top row middle.

Attachments

• silvers1.jpg
    silvers1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 383
  • silvers2.jpg
    silvers2.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 392
You and Jamflicker are getting WAY more than your fair share of silver. It's simply not fair. You must put some of it back in the ground. We must enjoy diversity, parity, equal representation. So you must stop discriminating against those less fortunate ! :cool3:

Congrats on all that silver!

Thank you kaufenanger!

You and Jamflicker are getting WAY more than your fair share of silver. It's simply not fair. You must put some of it back in the ground. We must enjoy diversity, parity, equal representation. So you must stop discriminating against those less fortunate ! :cool3:

Hah, thank you Tom! Even more amazing, my detecting buddy in Helena is approaching 300 silvers for the year, and my bud in Corvallis MT is 19 away from 200 silvers... that would mean over 700 shiny coins in one year from us Western Montana detectorists! The state motto... Oro y Plata is holding true!:lol:

Congrats! Great finds and an even better background this week. "Being drunk, disorderly, and using profane language."

Congrats! Great finds and an even better background this week. "Being drunk, disorderly, and using profane language."

Hah! Thank you partyofone! Sound like me yesterday when I couldn't detect that juicy looking yard due to the bunker electrical station and EMI problems. Drunk, Disorderly, and Profane!!!:laughing:

I Know right?! I just don't have the desire for the modern silver anymore. So I won't be taking away from these fellas finds!

Congrats on the 200th of the year, that is bad ass!

Mike

I Know right?! I just don't have the desire for the modern silver anymore. So I won't be taking away from these fellas finds!

Congrats on the 200th of the year, that is bad ass!

Mike

Thank you Mike! And yep, when I need a few more silvers for a goal, I do head to the 1940's homes, as they usually are pretty good for Mercs, Rosies, and GW Silver Quarters. I've had a few surprises there too, with a couple of Standing Liberty quarters, Barbers, even a few Indian Head Cent late drops. Living in a relatively new state, with statehood acheived in Nov 1889, and even now just about 1 million residents in the 4th largest state in the Union, there is not much chance for goodies like you can get in SoCal or esp the midwest or east coast. Wish I had more chances at 1800's homes out here!

That's it, I've seen enough of these posts by Shiny. I'm moving to Western Montana. In fact, believe I'll just go ahead and live in Shiny's basement! He can obviously afford me.:laughing:

That's it, I've seen enough of these posts by Shiny. I'm moving to Western Montana. In fact, believe I'll just go ahead and live in Shiny's basement! He can obviously afford me.:laughing:

Hah! Thanks Silverhorse! No basement here, but I do have an extra room for you!

Congrats David. Your success is amazing and well deserved. Well done, sir!

Thank you Todd! Hope you are doing well, almost end of detecting season here, rain the next few days and cooler temps. No snow yet.

Congrats on # 200 fty LTS. Quite an accomplishment. I will say you definitely put your time in and every silver is well earned. With 1,000 in 5 years your averaging 200 a year which is a remarkable feat. God bless. Mark

Congrats on # 200 fty LTS. Quite an accomplishment. I will say you definitely put your time in and every silver is well earned. With 1,000 in 5 years your averaging 200 a year which is a remarkable feat. God bless. Mark

Thank you Mark! You have done well too, nice OLD stuff back there where you live, take care!

Well David, the preceding comments pretty much say it all. Big congratulations to you. You are just consistently on the silver. Glad you have been able to reach (and exceed) your 200 goal. Wishing you continued luck in your future hunts.

Well David, the preceding comments pretty much say it all. Big congratulations to you. You are just consistently on the silver. Glad you have been able to reach (and exceed) your 200 goal. Wishing you continued luck in your future hunts.[/QUOTE

Thanks Gale! Might be headed your way in a week or so, will give you a phone call if that happens, maybe we can get out for an afternoon (if not raining and cold!).

Lots of dedication to the hobbie and hoarding of silver.lol.. congrats on that mountain of silver coins, probably not many reach half that amount.

Lots of dedication to the hobbie and hoarding of silver.lol.. congrats on that mountain of silver coins, probably not many reach half that amount.

Thank you woodbutcher! Am happy to have made a couple of goals this year, we will see what next year brings, probably less detecting on my part.

Back
Top Bottom