And yet another phoenix button: Small #2

Tom_in_CA

Elite Member
Went back to the same spot last night, and got this cuff-size #2 phoenix button. Aside from that : Two other mission period buttons: A plain flat and a bird-cage style cufflink button, a few pistol balls, etc....

Attachments

• small #2.jpg
    small #2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 294
Nice! though the lack of reales and gold coins concerns me tom.....Also pics on the other items or it didn't happen!

Very nice! Still no LCs???? :p :laughing:

I think that’s my button, lost it off my cuff a few years back, kindly return it to its rightful owner.

Call-me-grey and groundsweeper : How can you guys be so cruel ? I mean, sheesh, do I ever give you guy's grief ? Huh ? Huh ? :D

Thanx Bluebird 66 !

Nice! though the lack of reales and gold coins concerns me tom.....Also pics on the other items or it didn't happen!

I am SO ashamed that it's not reales or gold coins this time. :tissue: Will you ever forgive me ?

As for the other items, here's a pix of the bird-cage ball style cufflink button. It broke in half though. But you can get an idea of how it would look. And two pistol balls.

Attachments

• bird cage.jpg
    bird cage.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 270
I am SO ashamed that it's not reales or gold coins this time. :tissue: Will you ever forgive me ?

As for the other items, here's a pix of the bird-cage ball style cufflink button. It broke in half though. But you can get an idea of how it would look. And two pistol balls.

Thats a very cool button tho, shame it broke.

If you ever decide to start a clothing line at least you'll have the specialty buttons for it. Well done!

thanx JAK. And as you have noticed (ahem ahem): We do not waste our time with pesky silly LC's here in CA. We go straight for the reales and phoenix buttons (ahem ahem) and key date S mint coins :laughing:

I would have thought you went beach hunting! The tides were up and the swells look decent (at least in parts of your area)...

I would have thought you went beach hunting! The tides were up and the swells look decent (at least in parts of your area)...

I heard of some southern CA beaches that the winds helped yesterday and today. But I haven't been out to look at any local beaches near me.

I do not see any impressive swells accompanying this. Just local wind-chop. Which might do subtle erosion, but I'm too spoiled, and wait for the big events.

Okay, so just read up on the history of the Phoenix buttons. I assume these were the ones made for the Haitian King in the early 1800's and then later traded in the Pacific NW by Nathaniel Wyeth? That's one heck of a cool back story. The story itself explains the rarity, way to go Tom!

Back
Top Bottom