Waterproof machine needed..

MathieuTN

Looking to add a true waterproof machine to the stable. Anyone have anything good to say about the Nokta Anfibio?

MathieuTN36: said:
Looking to add a true waterproof machine to the stable. Anyone have anything good to say about the Nokta Anfibio?
Yes, I have owned and used both the Anfibio 19 and Anfibio Multi. Of the two, the multi is my favorite.

Due to health and impaired mobility I do not hunt coastal beaches much anymore but I do work a firm ground freshwater Beach from time to time. However, since I don't swim, I don't get out to where the detector is submerged. I like the waterproof ability for those times when I might fall, which happens, or if I accidentally drop the detector, which happens more often when I Beach Hunt.

That being said, the bulk of my detecting is land-based, with the majority of that being in very challenging ferrous debris sites. So I made a change in my personal outfit when it comes to a submersible, waterproof detector for those times when I do need one, and that is to use the Simplex + and I have not had any problem with it when you used in either fresh or saltwater.

Just an option to consider.

Monte

i have an anfibio, i love this machine. I also have an equinox 800, love this machine also. I split my time between the two

Don't forget the Makro Kruzer as well. I like mine and almost the same as anfibio. A couple of less settings. Waterproof as well.

The Anfibios and their less featured but very good sibling the Simplex both come from the FORS/Impact line of Nokta detectors. The Kruzers and Multi Kruzer come from the Racer line of Makro detectors. They do have their similarities but at least for me, the Anfibio/Simplex are deeper, more stable and handle mineralization and saltwater beach scenarios better than the Makros considering they are all single frequency detectors.

Back
Top Bottom