New Belt and Pouch

Diabolik

Elite Member
I had been using a Husky tool belt with a separate holster for my pinpointer and another for my digger since I started detecting. I've been wanting to get something with a little more room and something that could hold all of my gear one place.

I ended up getting the Digger Supply Pack Mule pouch from Colonial Metal Detectors and I picked up a Fairwin tactical belt on Amazon to go with it. Got to use them this weekend and was very pleased. plenty of room in the Pack Mule. Nice having everything in one place. The Fairwin belt is very well made. It has an all metal catch that is very easy to engage and there is no way it is coming apart in the field. I also picked up an insulated metal water bottle at Walmart this weekend in the camping section. It was nice to still have cold water several hours into my hunt.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DXFV7PC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.colonialmetaldetectors.com/digger-supply-treasure-pouches.html

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-24-oz-Tan-Light-Weight-Stainless-Steel-Water-Bottle/221023384

Attachments

• belt.jpg
    belt.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,275
  • pouch.jpg
    pouch.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,279
I tried two different web belts. Both were a pain to adjust to accomodate different layers of jackets or coats.

Ended up and happy with a wide leather belt.

I tried two different web belts. Both were a pain to adjust to accomodate different layers of jackets or coats.

Ended up and happy with a wide leather belt.

This belt actually adjusts very quickly and easily. Did not move at all even with a 24 oz water bottle in the pouch hanging off my hip.

Where this belt really shines is the latching mechanism. So much easier and more secure than the other plastic one I had. Easy to do blind and with weight hanging on it. It has a decent sliding keeper on it to keep the loose end in check too.

Looks like a nice setup! I’m about ready to hook up some suspenders to my rig :lol: getting tired of pulling my pants up all the time :laughing:

Looks like a nice setup! I’m about ready to hook up some suspenders to my rig :lol: getting tired of pulling my pants up all the time :laughing:

Having all of the gear in a single pouch allows me to kind of "hang" it on my hip, so it didn't seem to pull at my pants as much as the tool belt I had before did hanging in the front. This is certainly more comfortable. I ended up picking up a couple of bottles on Saturday so between those, my tools and a water bottle, I was lugging a pretty good load. My only complaint is that the belt was digging into my side at times a little. Thinking about adding a seatbelt pad or something to that side of the belt for a little cushion. Once I work that out I think I'll be golden.

Ive been using the Packmule pouch and a very similar belt for about a month now. So far Im very pleased with both.

I ended up getting the Digger Supply Pack Mule pouch from Colonial Metal Detectors and I picked up a Fairwin tactical belt on Amazon to go with it. Got to use them this weekend and was very pleased. plenty of room in the Pack Mule. Nice having everything in one place. The Fairwin belt is very well made.

Excellent rig, Diabolik! I have the slightly smaller Ranger pouch from DS and love it. Very well made and great for quick trips to the park or less than all day hunts.

Being what my wife calls, inverted pear-shaped,or NBS (No Butt Syndrome... The struggle is Real), I have that problem. I've gone to using a shoulder sling bag for the local parks so I don't scare the kids & moms. :lol:

Attachments

• ParkPack1-800.jpg
    ParkPack1-800.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 1,139
I had been using a Husky tool belt with a separate holster for my pinpointer and another for my digger since I started detecting. I've been wanting to get something with a little more room and something that could hold all of my gear one place.

I ended up getting the Digger Supply Pack Mule pouch from Colonial Metal Detectors and I picked up a Fairwin tactical belt on Amazon to go with it. Got to use them this weekend and was very pleased. plenty of room in the Pack Mule. Nice having everything in one place. The Fairwin belt is very well made. It has an all metal catch that is very easy to engage and there is no way it is coming apart in the field. I also picked up an insulated metal water bottle at Walmart this weekend in the camping section. It was nice to still have cold water several hours into my hunt.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DXFV7PC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.colonialmetaldetectors.com/digger-supply-treasure-pouches.html

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-24-oz-Tan-Light-Weight-Stainless-Steel-Water-Bottle/221023384
This is a sweet setup

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

This is a sweet setup

Thanks! I am very happy with it. I picked up one of those Velcro seat belt pads to put over the right side of the belt where it rides on my side. I'm pretty lean and it was digging into me a little. probably won't be an issue in the cooler months when I am wearing layers, but just wearing a t shirt now it is. I tried it on and I think the pad will take care of it and I should be good to go now!

Thanks! I am very happy with it. I picked up one of those Velcro seat belt pads to put over the right side of the belt where it rides on my side. I'm pretty lean and it was digging into me a little. probably won't be an issue in the cooler months when I am wearing layers, but just wearing a t shirt now it is. I tried it on and I think the pad will take care of it and I should be good to go now!
I think that as you break the belt in it will be less of an issue as well. I'm seriously thinking abouy copying this setup soon.

I think that as you break the belt in it will be less of an issue as well. I'm seriously thinking abouy copying this setup soon.

The belt is excellent. the buckle system is easy to engage and there are zero worries about it coming apart. Like I said, I was lugging a 24 oz water bottle and I had a glass soda bottle in there all day. It was not a deal breaker in any way.

The pouch is really nice. Made very well. I went with the Pack Mule for the extra $5 for the extra room. I like having room for !!!! I pick up along the way like bottles. I do like having all of my gear on one side vs a pouch, pinpointer holster, and digger holster all separate and spread out around my waist. More comfortable too.

I tried the belts and found they were not very comfortable after a while. I then went to the vest with the net back (for summer use) with the large pockets and this put the load on my shoulders instead of waist. The choice I made was what was known as a "skeet vest" for shot gun sporting. plenty of pockets for accessories and finds.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=net+back+skeet+vest&t=h_&iax=images&ia=images

I have a lightweight mesh back vest too I use in the summer. I have one with the slim pockets. I mainly wear it to keep my WM08 out of the way but I keep my phone, keys and wallet in there too. Only time I change things up is if I decide to bring a backpack then I move everything into it to get the weight up on my shoulders. Usually depends on how far I am hiking from the truck and how long I plan on being out.

Back
Top Bottom