are the Koss Headphones that come with the Etrac ok? or get better ones?

luked

planning on here in a week or so to get me a Etrac. noticed that the Etrac comes with Koss headphones. are these ok or should i try and get a better set?
planning on getting a Garrett pin pointer sniper coil Lesch, and the Etrac book at the same time but never thought about headphones till now.
can you all give me some ideas?
will these be ok for a while or should i just go ahead and get some others

I like mine so far. I don't have many others to compare it too, but have had no thoughts of getting any other pair.

They are better than no headphones, but you can get MUCH better ones. I bought a set of Killer Bs with my E-Trac and have loved them ever since.

I never used mine. I saved them for resale and bought a set of Liberty headphones, which are great. They are smaller and lighter.

I used the Koss until they broke at the strain relief for the plug. Then I bought a more expensive pair, but don't notice much difference.

The most important aspect of headphones (in my opinion) is having a long cord like the Killer B's have. Plenty of room to lay the detector down and keep the phones on my head without feeling leashed. Of course, if you hunt in very dense woods, then you should be getting a wireless set.

All I know is that they are larger and softer compared to other brands. Which works out better for longer hunts. Unless you like ear cartilage pain, I know I don't :-)

i ended up goin ahead and getting a set of Black Widow headphones for the Etrac i ordered today. ill use the Koss headphones for my F2 since i never had any for it.

Different headphones

I bought a set of the cordless Airheadz headphones and I like them a lot. They set me back about 5 bills , but I like them a lot. There are other headphones out there with cords that I think are better than the ones that come with the E-trac.........be sure the cord is long enough.

I run Black Widows on mine and I am very pleased. They are tight fitting but the noise they cancel, and tones they give, to me, are a great trade off.

I've always found the Koss to be kind of muffled. I use Sunray Gold Pros and couldn't be more happy with them. Comfortable for hours and hours of use and just top a quality product. You mentioned also planning on getting a pinpointer. Since you have the E-trac I highly suggest the Sunray X-1 probe. IMHO it should be a permanent part of every E-trac, straight from the factory with it. If your firm on a separate pinpointer, take a look at the Vibraprobe. It is what I used for many years and IMO is superior to the propointer, though many people love the propointer so I'm sure it is a fine unit. The Vibraprobe is completely waterproof, only vibrates so no irritating sound and has no switches, which some here complain about. Anyway, just giving you some other options. Good luck and HH.

Oops I was wrong, I was thinking of my at pro headphones. Your etrac will work with the F2.

Back
Top Bottom