4 Mercs and a silver ring

kaufenanger

Elite Member
Went out for a 5 hour beach hunt on Saturday and found 4 Mercs; 1945, 1940, 1942 and 1943 D along with a 1939 and 1944 P War Nickel, wheats dating from 1913-1957 and 2 silver rings. One of my best beach hunts this year.
IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg
Closeup of the bigger ring.
IMG_1678.jpg

Last edited:
Nice hunt - I always love finding Mercs, although it's heartbreaking to see what salt water does to them. Congrats on a five-silver day (plus rings!) - that only happens very rarely anymore.

Awesome hunt! Congrats

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks BOZ!
Nice hunt - I always love finding Mercs, although it's heartbreaking to see what salt water does to them. Congrats on a five-silver day (plus rings!) - that only happens very rarely anymore.
Thanks ScaredOfClowns, and certainly sad how salt water treats them as the 2 worse looking ones were in relatively good shape.
That is one nice hunt! Congrats on all that silver, and having fun too!

Thanks LovestheShiny!!
Wow what a fun day you had. Congrats!

Steve
Thanks stetam, it was certainly fun!
Nice hunt with lots of silver! Congrats!
Thanks NCtoad!

I'll say that was a great hunt, multiple silvers and sterling make for a great day. Congrats. Do you, will those silvers clean up ? Good luck, Mark

I'll say that was a great hunt, multiple silvers and sterling make for a great day. Congrats. Do you, will those silvers clean up ? Good luck, Mark
Thanks markinswpa, I tried to clean the 2 worst ones with the baking soda and aluminum trick but it didn't work so I tried the spit and tinfoil trick, it got the job done scratched them up alot and revealed fire damage on one.
fresh water or salt water beach ?
It was a salt water beach.
I like that old ring, I've never found one like it.
Thanks metaladdict, and Ive seen similar ones out of gold but never silver.
Congrats on the silvers!
Thanks CallMeGrey!
Nice hunt Kauf, like the big silver signet ring! Looks old.
Thanks TommyJay, and it does look old so it might be from the 40s based on the other finds.

Back
Top Bottom