Old School Gives Up Two Silver Rings

Congrats on the sterling and clad haul. I have only dug a few rings this year including the junk ones. Good luck, Mark
Thanks Mark.....and good luck to you too the rest of the way this year.
Those two sterling rings I posted brought my total for the year to only three. It's been a slow year for me so far.

I've been one of the people responsible for picking the place clean :lol: but I'd bet that there may have been someone picking it clean before I started hunting there. I've also hunted the old Plainfield High School located on route 12 and NEVER got ANYTHING silver out of there, nor did it give up much clad. As old high schools go I had my best luck hunting Norwich Free Academy back in the early to mid 1980's.......more than 30 silver coins including an 1893 Barber Quarter. Unfortunately the city of Norwich banned metal detecting about 25 years ago or so because one of the town's coin dealers got caught hunting the historical Norwichtown green and that angered the "powers that be" to the point they banned detecting everywhere within the city limits.

Myself and pumptech hit the old Plainfield high this summer as we decided to stop on the way by , I got one merc.. most public places are shot ..but I did find a local park this summer that spit out 14 silvers, including 4 barbers, a sweet 1775 half reale and an even better 1835 capped half dime...oh and a really nice 1864 2 center and about 25 Indians... but I've done my best to clean it out .. it's nice to actually be the one who cleans a place out!....lol

Nice going! I’m more happy digging a silver ring than silver dime or quarter, that’s for sure. And congrats for getting out, I think I’ve been out digging twice this year!

Back
Top Bottom