• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

One hour permission yields the goods

Silverhorse65

Elite Member
Was able to get out for a short yard permission today. I called my buddy to see if he wanted to join me this afternoon for a few hours. He said he was already hunting. He had started one house this morning and found a wheat and three Indians and had just gone to the second house. He suggested I join the fun, so I headed over. Turns out, the guy who owns the house had a White's that he bought about six years ago that he'd never really used. We spent some time teaching him how to use it and showing him how we hunt with our Nox's. By the time I got down to some serious hunting, was only able to hunt for about an hour. That's okay, it was the most productive hour in a LONG time. Ended with 5 wheats, 2 silver coins, 1 silver religious medallion (given to the home owner), an Indian, and a V nickel (oldest coin). All of the goods were in a small area under two evergreen trees. What a great, short hunt! Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• 1935 Merc 10102021.jpg
    1935 Merc 10102021.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 603
  • 1953 Rosie 10102021.jpg
    1953 Rosie 10102021.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 580
  • Indian and V 10102021.jpg
    Indian and V 10102021.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 579
  • Religious Medallion 10102021 silver.jpg
    Religious Medallion 10102021 silver.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 587
  • Waukee Yard Permission 10102021.jpg
    Waukee Yard Permission 10102021.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:
Nice finds. Sometimes i wonder if ill ever find similar coins here in the south east Texas.

Nice finds. Sometimes i wonder if ill ever find similar coins here in the south east Texas.

Well, I know there have been people with coins to drop in East Texas as long or longer than there have been people around here in Iowa. Keep reading and learning from the sight. As Tom in CA loves to point out, it's just like real estate, location...location...location. Good luck on your search!

Great hunt, that spot could use another few hours of detecting!

You're right Z. That's why I was more than happy to give the Catholic jewelry to the homeowner to keep the relationship positive. It was a great exchange for everything else I brought home and the invite to go back any time.

Back
Top Bottom