Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Notices

Old 09-21-2018, 11:18 AM

I tend to agrea that yhis is a difficult project depending on your skill set. I'm sure that there were those who also thought it crazy to put a man on the moon. This project will not be simple and there will be many things to overcome as others have pointed out. It could require multiple iterations of the project to get it functioning in any capacity. This will also come to a function of money. How much are you willing to invest to acheive your goals? I hate to say it because its a neat idea but you could be over your head?

Last edited by beachrumbum; 09-21-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:36 AM

For the rov part google openROV.
Saw it at Makerfaire San Mateo.
They offer a great book with design tips too.

Old 09-21-2018, 01:47 PM
Elite Member

Awfully lot of work and money....... when you have to get out of the boat ALOT to check those bottle caps. Coil control...... well thats out the window. If that coil aint on the bottom ...... you know its going to be a plan dumn luck chance. Id dare say youd have better luck rigging up a camera looking for dropped Rolaxes out there. Id stick with that hooka idea.

D. Meeker

Old 09-21-2018, 05:01 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by beachrumbum View post
I tend to agrea that yhis is a difficult project depending on your skill set. I'm sure that there were those who also thought it crazy to put a man on the moon. This project will not be simple and there will be many things to overcome as others have pointed out. It could require multiple iterations of the project to get it functioning in any capacity. This will also come to a function of money. How much are you willing to invest to acheive your goals? I hate to say it because its a neat idea but you could be over your head?
I love a challenge....that's for sure.
I will keep you posted.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:46 PM

Sounds like you know exactly what you are getting into and as myself just enjoy a project and a challenge. There is no failure only lessons learned. Good luck and have fun!

Ps. To keep the wires from winding up check out what is called a slip ring.