Got my hopes up

gldndrms

After a 10 box drought I opened a roll and thought my luck had changed. I was all excited to see the silver edge. After pulling that coin out I found it to be a 1990 P that someone had painted the edge with silver paint. :mad:
I couldn't believe someone took the time to do this. I have seen where someone has put a black mark on the edge but never painted the entire edge.
Have any of you seen this before?
Well on to box 11 with a hope to break my drought.

Attachments

• Roll.jpg
    Roll.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1010.JPG
    IMG_1010.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1009.JPG
    IMG_1009.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 193
After a 10 box drought I opened a roll and thought my luck had changed. I was all excited to see the silver edge. After pulling that coin out I found it to be a 1990 P that someone had painted the edge with silver paint. :mad:
I couldn't believe someone took the time to do this. I have seen where someone has put a black mark on the edge but never painted the entire edge.
Have any of you seen this before?
Well on to box 11 with a hope to break my drought.

Someone knew what they were doing. They were getting you all excited.

I got an Eisenhower with a silver painted edge before, it was disappointing. I have six or so halves that someone dipped in chrome though. Luckily it was to bright to get my hopes up, but it was across a few different cases. Best of luck on your next hunt!

Yeah! That would certainly give the old ticker a jump start seeing that edge! I'da been thinking pre 65 JFK, BF or Walker or perhaps even a Barber! Then, seeing the date, is this some sort of potential Silver Collector Issue? Damn!

Some cruel people out there!:laughing: I suppose a guy at our age should know better than to hope?...Life has been one big series of let downs one right after another right?:laughing: A guy should know better than to get his hopes up! !

Ha ha. Nay, hope lives eternal in the heart of every MDer and CRHer. The next target could be that diamond studded platinum or 18K gold ring, heavy nugget bracelet, silver doubloon, etc...for CRHers, the next box could be full of 100s of IHs, silver barbers, Walkers in mint condition, etc...THAT is what drives us to continue...and the bragging rights if you are lucky enough to come across real goodies!! :D:D

KT sees this kind of alteration somewhat frequently, which is why He no longer bothers to spend the time to edge search..just run the dates and move on...the coin you are looking for is not here...move along...ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom