My Gold Coin Made The Cover Of W&ET Magazine

diggin4clad

Elite Member
Was surprised to see that the gold coin I submitted to the "Ask Mark Parker" section of Western & Eastern Treasures magazine made the cover in addition to being included in his column. I've submitted it for possible inclusion in the April issue's "Best Finds".

Attachments

• Image (2).jpg
    Image (2).jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 729
  • Image (4).jpg
    Image (4).jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 720
Last edited:
It’s amazing the stuff we learn every day. Tribes issuing gold and silver? Who made the coins for them? They can’t possibly have their own “mint”,can they?
It is one heck of a find,newer or not. Congratulations on a once in a lifetime find and on getting the recognition something like that deserves!

It’s amazing the stuff we learn every day. Tribes issuing gold and silver? Who made the coins for them? They can’t possibly have their own “mint”,can they?
It is one heck of a find,newer or not. Congratulations on a once in a lifetime find and on getting the recognition something like that deserves!

Our coin club had a token minted in silver and bronze. It has the club prez who passed away..have it somewhere in the house.Possible gold but not sure.

The coin was minted for the Shawnee tribe in Australia at the Perth mint.

That's a very cool find!

Tribes issuing gold and silver? Who made the coins for them? They can’t possibly have their own “mint”,can they?
There are a number of places where you can send your design and metal specifications and they will make them for you, usually require a minimum amount as they first have to make the dies.
If going down this route ask if you can have the production dies when finished (might have to pay for them though)

Back
Top Bottom