inexpensive lesche style digger seems pretty tough

remmy

Forum Supporter
My wife broke her hori-hori style digger so I had to get her a new digger. I came across this on amazon and thought I would take a chance. I was actually surprised, it seems pretty well made. I have used it for a week and have no complaints. The sheath is a bit hokie but my lesche one has been held together with gorilla tape since it was 6 months old (2 years ago). If you are on a tight budget, this digger will work and it only costs 14 bucks shipped!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071V9RPXT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Out of curiosity, why did you switch digger styles? Reason I'm asking, I recently bought a Hori-hori, but haven't used it yet.

The set (bottom of page) with the digger you bought...that pinpointer looks familiar :yes: Wonder what the quality is like. I can't believe how expensive PP's have become.

My wife broke her hori-hori style digger so I had to get her a new digger. I came across this on amazon and thought I would take a chance. I was actually surprised, it seems pretty well made. I have used it for a week and have no complaints. The sheath is a bit hokie but my lesche one has been held together with gorilla tape since it was 6 months old (2 years ago). If you are on a tight budget, this digger will work and it only costs 14 bucks shipped!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071V9RPXT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is there any printing on the bottom of the blade??

Last edited:
I have one of those diggers, bought mine on ebay. Decent tool for the price.

Sharpening helped a lot, for cutting plugs ect.

Out of curiosity, why did you switch digger styles? Reason I'm asking, I recently bought a Hori-hori, but haven't used it yet.

The set (bottom of page) with the digger you bought...that pinpointer looks familiar :yes: Wonder what the quality is like. I can't believe how expensive PP's have become.

The hori hori was my first digger, it was cheap too. When I bought my lesche my wife used the hori. I always thought she would like a lesche style digger better so when the hori handle broke I figured I would get her this digger. As it turns out she loves the hori so I made a new handle for it. I didn't switch really but have used this digger on a few hunts.

I bought the same one. Great digger for the money. No complaints yet and I've been using it exclusively for the past few months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

How do you break a Hori-Hori? i have used that style for over thirty years without any problems. I don't know how you could break one.

My wife left it lay at one of our permissions we go to often and it was run over by the Kubota mower, it ate the plastic handle. SHhhh, don't tell her I told you! :no::lol:

Well I don't know about those type handles but I know one thing you don't leave your garden hoe lay in the garden and run over it with a 5 foot tiller. Any further questions just me and I will give you the lowdown.:lol:

I've got one of these Amazon diggers coming this week. I plan to put and edge on it. I will let you know how it works out.we finally some rain in Iowa to soften things up a bit.

Well here it is folks. I took a before and after. There was a ton of paint on this thing. It's almost as if they dipped it in something vs. spraying it. 15 minutes with the dremel and it was looking better. Hoping to get it out soon for some testing.

Before
Y7FOuQwYKTYeJgL4gH95LoiujVZw6xqhl3crsAvaym7t6wmpYMkdG7_txK4IC2puMt8tdlmQUuYPIK7eeUoFxjF6x87K0XBZgKxKiupiHnxUNDKMlfUQ_Uw7Ys4cJgp5euw_prOb-E6MrTmLuI5MT_J4_h7xposkH0zsv4CEI0617ihohTZc6ViSKGwPrjfA9QjjHIG3HA3xpfX0Sv3nmkdkKlt2tVNyAp0TH4hEFWEK8ODZ_V-Rh3fuf3ztBzWHNEnIylnKcfjpG5M1cwkuUZYrEfz5eZXnUMZqg8NSWAN_2X5nzu6lntJwy7avocQRUvUrSKYyoKvEpuhIKaXqKJhAr-ZkpLvPCX_29LOy1xUAo52xhMcO_iCCXygbClqUeUYPi8PIaE428QTnUGR948f6-3PVqvlOJEIb_5n29-AY_39zQiVCnZ2UPM7cGUu_0xhEqXh4CzlWDqK_pYO-tE9Y2yoAdwITnLbAuqioSelneWiJSuNMWGziVcHnSmUi9hXmYDqBDCjksEc5rV9Pfmpl8hRhvctPBB2JIogqJx2Q4eTMiawkHsK-zFdkXdACJqgiqhgvGcbh81tb05HWofE7baKAbNIIeoucQSmZH1s=w260-h346-no

After
dlZiCQg3vLQC3-a86mCZBnsDL84IKlGdItH__pYTz52uCb19VSwL1DFtmIgJmFhWgl4oCG1CcQfqaoiftJdZcyKQ9iW1-e9uDMq_ZtXyZT_fE9m205Ckl8_RgolHHrHiTcHih0zQRIbmMgnAIrJVrZI2HAWX7Y3Z6m0Mi-QBig1etkS6Pb8N17b5AQMBgjYMe1ot3xXsRYPXNkk_VEzyXtb4W2eYqLFu8BcefRJsMZYFL2I4dtzKHRdhyW7CXb5PPSTHsKWhkSGrXr7iqYXTCKmO5QfSbrsT6ldqMTAvt1Y108F-ILPu_sk8Th46SvoNRW9vXGKfiZb8qyEaSz3a5g4qYRvEaxYLg6AZJLskViImnieCM5_pLZaLlfgPyRn1GcAzd9LedS5SGJjKByfJFnf7IgdLMjGIKpXYLhQw_VgkmiXYWi1d1OGiluAG8Vs50wZusJIxky3aPs4aK9ehnG-L6ps9DYOQbbouTZf0PVMduAu1JY1-qZYQKJ16RJ8JIogrpGUeaAT-9OK6sRX2SJ-GrCHv-QbpnX6vbvrPUEwqj_5ZzNHwuqmvLegC4UbRIZIOVGKVXGwV5KwkXbftXp24A0EjVz_vMmBJB0LS3JL4hsKX65urZU-HB-VKCq7bi2jYhBLdqL5fEHtFCTOwUiofqLxGIMX0RzsC=w713-h950-no

Last edited:
I just bought 2 of the fiskers garden knifes from rural king and was going to come on here to ask if anyone found sheathes that fit them, I seen this digger and searched "12" digger tool" on ebay and found them for $9.90 shipped.
Ordered me and my son both one. Im sure 2 sheathes for my fiskar garden knives would of cost more than getting these diggers and they come with sheathes!

I feel a little stupid for getting the fiskars now since I just bought them yesterday and we havnt even used them yet but I like the lesche style and the price is right.
I feel even stupider selling my bounty hunter iv last year for $20 and then last week my son wants a detector so went to hobby lobby and bought him the same bounty hunter for $70 (coupon 40% off). To add insult to injury, I just ordered him a Tesoro compadre because I think it will be easier for him to use. He hasnt even taken the bounty hunter out yet.

Oh well, ill have a bounty hunter and some fiskar dig knives as backup i guess for a friend or someone else to use.

Anyway.... got 2 of these coming, thanks for posting !

A little update on the Amazon Special Lesche Style digger. First trip out I got under something(may have been big, not sure) and couldn't get it out. After a couple attempts I pulled out the digger and sure enough she had a little bend in her where the 90 degree blade and guard meet. It wasn't much but it was noticeable by my eye. I took it home, put it in the vice and was able to put it back to square with some serious force.

I still think this is a fine digger for the money. I paid $13 shipped and it has been working well. I just figured I would let you all know.

I also used the Friskars as well and no issues there. A solid tool in my opinion, seems to be less likely to bend due to straight design.

Take Care and Be Well,
IASS

Back
Top Bottom