To sell or not to sell

SilverSlayer98

I have an AT Pro and AT Max currently and am going to upgrade to two equinox 600s or 800s. Me and my girlfriend moved to Houston and want better saltwater detectors. I've been a loyal Garrett fanboy for years and I'm torn. I really want to keep bot the Pro and the Max but I don't know why lol. I mean I do know why but I can't find any good reasons. What would you do? My local shop does trade ins and would save me a lot of money and since I'm in college money is tight. I've been saving up and right now with the trade ins I could get two 600s no problem with the extra cash I've saved up. If I trade in I think I'm going to splurge for the 800s though because it's the only way I can make the extra $600 for two 800s over the 600s make sense. But let me know what you think.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Would consider selling the lower model and getting a 600 or 800 but that's just me. It all depends on how you work together - could swap back and forth for dry sand and wet sand.

Then again, maybe sell both before the apex comes out.

Just because I don’t have anything better to do right now, I’ll give you an idea. Why not just get ONE Equinox right now, then after 100 hours using it, you can be SURE that they are what you need for your purposes. That way you can keep one Garrett just in case things don’t go as planned. If you find the Equinox to excel at what you’re doing and see NO reason to keep the remaining Garrett, then you can get the other. Yes, this means you have to possibly SHARE for awhile, but at least you won’t be going completely backward should they not work out for whatever reason.

Sounds like there's some sentimental value and brand loyalty with those AT Garrett machines and I totally get that.

I also believe that an Apex "Pro" will eventually come out and it will be waterproof to at least 10 feet or so. It might take a few years for it to be released, though.

This is what I would do: do a trade-in and use your saved up money to get two Equinox 600s. Enjoy the heck out of them and a few years from now, if you still miss owning a Garrett or aren't pleased with the 600s, sell them or trade them in for the new Apex "Pro."

Hopefully when this happens, you'll have enough money to not only get a pair of new Apex "Pro" machines, but you'll also be able to find a good used AT Pro and AT Max to add back to your "collection" of metal detectors.

I'm agreeing with the get one nox now group. If you trade them both and the girlfriend doesn't like it or you don't like it at least you would still have the garretts

I'm not going to lie your insight has been both helpful yet not helpful at the same time LOL [emoji23]. I've made separate posts similar to this in the past and have had mixed answers throughout. I think I'm going to continue to save up and still sell both Garret's. I know that in the end if I want the Garret's again I'll be able to sell the two NOXs and get two Garret's especially if I go with the 800s. I'm going to go into the local shop today and get him to convince me why I need to get the 800s over the 600s and if he can't persuade me I'll buy two six hundreds once I save up some more. I have enough for the two 600s with the trade in and the cash I have saved up but i have decided I want to have twice as much as what the equipment costs saved up so that way I can put half in the bank and half into the new equipment. I'm heading to south Padre island this weekend and as much as I want to have the equinox for the trip I'm going to stick to my guns and just take the Garrets for now. Thanks for all of your help it was greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nox 800 is the most over hyped thing going .
I know I’m gonna get ripped but my Makro kills a Nox 800, and does it quieter!
Ya I have had both, I sold the 800 ...

If you know your detector well, then why would you switch? More features? If it’s because of deepest....your barking up the wrong tree.

Hotled, I had just the opposite experience as you but I hunt in really bad mineralization. The Nox, Multi Kruzer and F75DST all have EMI issues in my area. The MX7 had no problem with EMI. I sold my F75, Multi Kruzer and MX7 (similar to the MX Sport). I am not going to say anything bad about those detectors because they are outstanding. They just don't work the best in my hunting conditions where depth is the least of my worries. Just getting any of those detector to identify a 4 to 6" pull tab correctly in my dirt was the problem. They all called it a high conductor in the clad dime/quarter range........ the Nox calls low to mid conductors exactly right at that depth in my dirt. Only other detectors that can do that here are the Whites V3i and the Minelab Vanquish. I hope the new Garrett Apex will be able to get it right.

The Nox is an outstanding gold prospecting detector and of course is excellent in salt water (when it doesn't leak!!!!)

thanks for posting.
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom