How many newbies got into this hobby because of Corvid-19 virus claustrophobia?

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I bought a boat to get out on the lake with my wife family because dining out, movies, concerts and other stuff we did, we cannot do any more.

Boat purchases across the US are up from 150 & to 200% from last year.

So did you new guys factor in the Corvid-19 virus when deciding to buy a metal detector and get out and enjoy this hobby away from possibly infected people? I suspect this is true, but have no stats on this.

Yes, because we couldn't go anywhere or do anything for 3 months where I live. I always wanted a metal detector as a kid. Working from home for at least 9 months in 2020 so I have some extra time with no commute.

It certainly didn't hurt, but I used to have a metal detector in the 1970's as a teenager, so I had been looking to get back into the hobby for about 6-7 months anyway. The virus probably pushed the purchase up a few months. I will say, MD'ing has really brought a smile to my face!

I can't be 100% sure but sitting on my couch working from home since March and staring out the window at my front and side lawns (house built in 1933) likely was a big factor in upgrading to the Simplex.

I started during the pandemic, but I honestly don’t remember at what point I was sitting here on my iPad and said “I’m going to buy a metal detector” but I did and haven’t looked back since. I will say that this forum has helped me immensely.

I retired last oct., and had been mulling a MD purchase around in my head for a year or so before hand. I had a detector 35 years ago and lost interest when work got in the way more times than not!

Back
Top Bottom