Last Dig of the Year

yacorie

Elite Member
So yesterday I went out hoping that everything wouldn't be completely frozen and that I could get through the frozen ground and dig a bit. It was 50/50 with diggable vs. undiggable areas.

Here are some pictures of my finds. I did bring home a bunch that I would have left there earlier but I plan on setting up at a flea market so just adding stuff to the $1 box.

Few group shots and then shots of the things I thought were the coolest. The whiskey bottle just has a cool look to it, its a different color and has a trade mark label on the base I have to look up.

The insulator I took because normally they are brown and this one is definitely more green. The small jar is embossed with Free sample, the 2 sodas are local to me and I haven't foudn them before, the small amber vial has the original lid and says winthrop.

The big wine jug is embossed 1 gallon and has a bunch of grapes and leaves embossed. I was shocked that its in perfect condition.

Attachments

• Group Shot 1.jpg
    Group Shot 1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 346
  • Group Shot 2.jpg
    Group Shot 2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 325
  • Group Shot 3.jpg
    Group Shot 3.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 353
  • Random Shot.jpg
    Random Shot.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 339
  • Whiskey.jpg
    Whiskey.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 329
  • 1 gallon Wine.jpg
    1 gallon Wine.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 317
  • Fitzgibbons Sodas.jpg
    Fitzgibbons Sodas.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 344
  • Whiskey Base.jpg
    Whiskey Base.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 325
Those are some very cool old bottles for sure..What do you do with all of them? I’m guessing like anything old some are probably worth a good bit of money.

Here are some finds from the other day at a new spot. This spot will be getting developed so I think I can get in there in the spring when they start digging and maybe there will be older stuff but I'm not holding my breath.

This is what I did take home. Nothing special but I will admit that the green bottle and the Kraft bottle both made my heart skip a beat because at first I thought they were cathedral bottles or whatever they are called. Also found a small heart shaped bottle (not pictured) that I gave to my daughter.

The spoon with the duck I thought was cool so I brought it home.

The only two bottles marked are the Kraft bottle next to the green one which has Kraft embossed in a few spots and the larger medicine which is a Henry K. Wampole & Company embossed bottle.

Attachments

• IMG_0997.jpg
    IMG_0997.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0998.jpg
    IMG_0998.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_0999.jpg
    IMG_0999.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 312
Those are some very cool old bottles for sure..What do you do with all of them? I’m guessing like anything old some are probably worth a good bit of money.

I'm just hoarding at the moment but I bet I have 700 bottles in my basement right now.

My plan is to go through them all again, pull out the ones I want to keep, figure out which ones might be worth selling individually, and then setting up at a flea market to try and blow out most of them. I figure $1 each for 90% of them will get rid of most of them but there are definitely a bunch that I figure 5 bucks each would still have them selling quickly.

Im brand new to this though

Hey Jim, In pic #2 that paneled jar next to the insulator (with the fruit jar lid on top), is that a Barbasol Shave cream jar? Love those, also watch for the Palmolives and Burma-Shaves.

Hey Jim, In pic #2 that paneled jar next to the insulator (with the fruit jar lid on top), is that a Barbasol Shave cream jar? Love those, also watch for the Palmolives and Burma-Shaves.

Yes it is, good eyes. This one the lid was toasted so I had to break it to get it off. I have another one too that is perfect and has the lid too

Yes it is, good eyes. This one the lid was toasted so I had to break it to get it off. I have another one too that is perfect and has the lid too

Those lids are usually rusted/corroded beyond saving, so that's good. In my current dump I dug a pair of ridged Salt & Pepper shakers but the tops were rusted beyond saving. The glass usually survives but nature takes its' toll on the metal stuff, like the conetop beer cans I dug. I guess that's what antique shops and flea markets are for, lol.

Great saves and so interesting to look at. You got them nice and clean!

Back
Top Bottom