MTHA (Massachusetts) 2022 Open Hunt OCT 2nd

jimther

Elite Member
Announcing the 2022 MTHA (Massachusetts Treasure Hunting Association) ANNUAL OPEN HUNT at Houghton's Pond in Milton, Mass.

https://www.masstreasure.com/yearly-hunt-2022/ Link to Hunt Registration page.

Date: October 2, 2022 (Sunday).
Price for FULL DAY (includes Morning Hunt, Afternoon Hunt, Fun Hunt) $125.

Registration opens for non-members on August 16th, BUT if you click on the blue REGISTER button now, it will allow you to sign up for a REMINDER message from our HUNTMASTER, Sandi to be sent to you on August 15th.

In past years, several Friendly Forum members have attended the MTHA hunts. The link below is to a few photos from last year's hunt.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=292797

Jim

Jim,
Sue and I love the hunt and look forward to it every October but.........why have they raised the price to $125.00 per person?
It'll cost us $250.00 to enter, probably at least another $25 for gas up and back, and if we go out somewhere for dinner, as we usually do, that's another $50.00 minimum . That's a costly day. We'll have to give it some thought.....

Last edited:
Jim,
Sue and I love the hunt and look forward to it every October but.........why have they raised the price to $125.00 per person?
It'll cost us $250.00 to enter, probably at least another $25 for gas up and back, and if we go out somewhere for dinner, as we usually do, that's another $50.00 minimum . That's a costly day. We'll have to give it some thought.....

Hi Ed,

I shared your comments and concern with club officers and HuntMaster last night by email. Hope to have an answer to post here today or tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend and stay cool!

Hi Ed,

I shared your comments and concern with club officers and HuntMaster last night by email. Hope to have an answer to post here today or tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend and stay cool!
Thanks Jim, as for staying cool goes.......we've got the AC's going so we're doing OK. :sun2:

Jim,

Ed, and readers,

I have responses from our MTHA club Treasurer and and club President. See below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MTHA is a non-profit group that promotes the benefits and joys of metal detecting to it's members throughout Massachusetts. Each year we hold one major fundraising event, our autumn seeded hunt. As organizers, we seek to improve the hunt whenever we can and we do this by putting more prizes and more valuable prizes in the ground.

The 2021 hunt was the first hunt we held since the start of the pandemic. The silver for that hunt was actually purchased for the 2020 hunt (which was unfortunately cancelled) during a time in which silver was trading at approximately $15 an ounce. The silver for this year's hunt was purchased when silver was trading at approximately $21 an ounce. With more silver being planted and a more than 33% increase in raw materials costs, we need to pass some of those cost increases along to the participants.

We hope you'll still be able to join us, but we do understand that not everyone will necessarily be able to absorb these cost increases. If you're so inclined, you could consider joining MTHA (annual family membership fee is $45 plus a one time $5 initiation fee) which would entitle you to the early member discount and help to mitigate the cost increase. We have biweekly virtual meetings on zoom, monthly finds contests, and frequent member's-only events throughout the year.

In addition, we are having much more silver this year as prizes and also in the ground.

Registration now open

As of yesterday, August 16th, registration has opened up for any non-members of MTHA. There was a short period before the 16th for members to register, which was to assure them a spot in the Sunday, October 2nd hunt.

Hoping for good weather and to see many of the forum members again. Remember, as always, this is a "Rain or Shine" event.

Jim

Last edited:
Just 3 weeks left

With only three weeks remaining before the hunt, there are still some sign-up slots left.

We already have registrations from Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, of course Massachusetts and even one from UTAH.

Fingers crossed for great weather. Hope to see many of the FMDF familiar faces
again soon.

Jim

Last edited:
Well I wasn't sure if I was going to make it this year, but I'll be there, see you all next Sunday!

Hi Jeff,

Just saw your hunt registration this morning.

I probably don't need to wish YOU good luck, after your stunning performance in last year's hunt [winning two detectors] :yes:

Oh, what the heck... Good luck Jeff. Hoping for decent weather that day.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom