Who is your favorite youtube metal detecting personality?

I think the biggest thing is the knowledge he has of the treasure coast. Because he lives there alot. But you watch a video of him swinging and it's the worst ever. High arcing , 1.5' off the ground. But then you see his finds and you think how does he get that stuff. He also mentions most of it is from injuries. Also getting up there in age.

Part of my research for a booklet I wrote about the Treasure Coast 1715 Spanish fleet wreck revealed that he has had an old injury and that is the only way he can swing, but at the bottom of the arc will find things. So he has to work 4x harder than we do beach hunting. Amazing gentleman.

You probably saw a video showing just some of the rings he has found.

Florida beach hunters are 95% from other states on vacation who know nothing about beach hunting nor bring the right detector. It is the locals who really know where to find the good stuff and are there at the right times to find the good stuff. One day on the beach on the east coast of FL I talked to about 20 detectorist I met on the beach and not a single one was a local.

Back
Top Bottom