Need some advice....upgrading detectors

Ohiodigger

Elite Member
I currently use a Whites MXT....it's the older e tracker series....from the early 2000s......looking at either the MX sport or the Garrett AT Max.....was considering the Deus but I don't think I would like the learning curve on it...so I decided against it.....so my question.....how much of a upgrade would either of these 2 be, and which one would you recommend....thanks guys!! Also sponsers......it will be ordered through one of you....who ever can give me the best deal will get my money!

Are you looking at trading your baby? Or would you keep it as a back up in case you didn't mesh with the new machine. If your glint to keep it, I would maybe expand your options, with the understanding you could always sell what doesn't work and try again?

I hear a lot of great things about the T2SE

Of those two I'd probably go with the AT-Max.

No interest in the Equinox? Supposedly just a few more days away from being released!

Not really....my dad is a huge Whites fan....it's what I grew up knowing, but I'm leaning towards the max.....

Are you looking at trading your baby? Or would you keep it as a back up in case you didn't mesh with the new machine. If your glint to keep it, I would maybe expand your options, with the understanding you could always sell what doesn't work and try again?

I hear a lot of great things about the T2SE

I'm gonna keep the MXT in case I just don't like whatever I end up getting....I'm still gonna use it too from time to time

Not really....my dad is a huge Whites fan....it's what I grew up knowing, but I'm leaning towards the max.....

I hear ya. I grew up using Whites as well. 5900DiPro>6000DiPro>Eagle Specturm>Spectrum XLT>Spectra V3I

Other than trying a Fisher F75 for a little while when it first came out, I didn't jump ship to the Minelab/XP/Garrett camp until around 2014 or so. The Whites's were good machines but I have no regrets. For whatever reason I just seem to do best with the Minelabs.

Good luck with whichever one you choose. :cheers:

The Deus seems intimidating at first first but it really isn’t that difficult to understand. There is a learning curve with any machine.

Ditto on the Deus not being that difficult to learn, read a bit on custom programs, only a few key adjustments really..and several stock programs are really good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I currently use a Whites MXT....it's the older e tracker series....from the early 2000s......looking at either the MX sport or the Garrett AT Max.....was considering the Deus but I don't think I would like the learning curve on it...so I decided against it.....so my question.....how much of a upgrade would either of these 2 be, and which one would you recommend....thanks guys!! Also sponsers......it will be ordered through one of you....who ever can give me the best deal will get my money!

The Garrett AT MAX is one DEEP machine. Ir would be my pick for the wireless and great new screen.

The MX Sport sport seems t be a bit better on coins but just slightly.

And as others have said, the XP Deus is easy to use if you let it be. I set our customers up with some simple settings that work very well to learn on.

Holler at me direct if I can help. Be glad to go over them with you on the phone.

I don't have much experience with that many other detectors but I love my AT Pro and will probably upgrade to the Max when I can, so I don't think you could go wrong with the Max.

Back
Top Bottom