Has Anyone Ever Hit A Red Ant Hole?

20 years ago, working utilities, South Carolina..

I'd just been dicking around with an overgrown gate/chain/lock, seemed to take forever, hotter than haties, huge spiders, chiggers, skeeters... Get done hop in the truck with cool AC, immediately jump on the highway...

Immediately jump off highway, commence to flying out of my truck, dancing while literally removing pants on the side of the road... Hundred or so, all over..

I'm sure it was downright hilarious to a local...

Yeah, I already knew what they were, just gotta remember.. If you have to stay in one place, look down first...

<°)))>{

oh My God That's A Good Heart Attack :shock:

Had basic trainig in SC and at least once a week I'd do pushups in an ant mound. I'd get extra pushups for moving out of them but was glad to do it. We didn't have anywhere near as many in NC but still some.

I had some get on me this past summer while detecting.. I hope it was the last time I encounter them.

20 years ago, working utilities, South Carolina..

I'd just been dicking around with an overgrown gate/chain/lock, seemed to take forever, hotter than haties, huge spiders, chiggers, skeeters... Get done hop in the truck with cool AC, immediately jump on the highway...

Immediately jump off highway, commence to flying out of my truck, dancing while literally removing pants on the side of the road... Hundred or so, all over..

I'm sure it was downright hilarious to a local...

Yeah, I already knew what they were, just gotta remember.. If you have to stay in one place, look down first...

<°)))>{

My 1st fire ant experience was in ‘82, Paris Island doing combat drills , running, jumping and rolling under trees and obstacles. The DI’s would tell us to jump and run. Laying under a tree I started feeling the biting burning sensation, I jumped up and ran while beating on my legs and stomach. The DI looked at me like I was crazy and looked as if he was trying to figure out how I knew he was getting ready to tell me to get up and run. Good times.

Just to add, (fire ants) they don't just get on you and start biting...

They get into position, then, start biting at the same time..

Its not like you get a couple warning shots first...

<°)))>{

FIRE ANTS you say ...well come on down to Alabama... the little boys pack a punch...I had nearly 50 to 100 on my right arm...their sneaky and you want know they are there until it's too late, then bam...it'll get you moving real quick...:cool12:

red ants

I call em fire ants if we talking about the same thing mean little buggers , years ago I delivered propane gas from a 6 wheel truck that had a pressurized 1000gal tank and a250 ft hose that you would pull to the customers tank it was on a electric spool for rapid recovery , any way you become quite adepth at identifying the things that can ruin your day like , fido that big old friendly dog has something for you too and u wont realize it until the door closes on the truck,have mercy the dogs been eating pickeled eggs, bio weapons I thought they were out lawed by the geniva convention , those ants don't always build mounds as I can attest , half way through filling the costqmers tank I realized the ants had launched a blitz which resulted in protecting the crown jewels as the pants are coming off, fido, is aleart now , and I'm beginning to smell fidos crowning achievement that is now covering my pants boots me in general , it was one of those days when you wonder about mans best friend and ants , I had been viciously ambushed 1st by the ants the by the dog who used bio weapons grade material against me it was bad

Here in Texas the fire ants are terrible. Back in the 60/70’s we had red ants galore. These are quite large ants. But the fire ants have taken over. Occasionally I will run across the red ants but most of the times I never see them anymore.

USAF Basic Training

I will be very careful this spring as red ant holes are everywhere we are
has anyone come across any of these?
tell us your story:shock:

When I was in AF Basic Training in ‘98 I was ordered into a defensive position during our one day in “the field” and it happened to be in a red ant nest. Needless to say the ruck back to the barracks was a painful one!!

Back
Top Bottom