• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Finally Going to try CRH

A Walker in your first box -- awesome! Great way to start out. Come to think of it I found a Walker in one of my first boxes too. Then it seemed like forever before I found a Benjamin, which seemed really bass-ackwards. :)

Maybe clean it up and give it your daughter -- a lucky charm for your lucky charmer.

Happy Hunting!

A Walker in your first box -- awesome! Great way to start out. Come to think of it I found a Walker in one of my first boxes too. Then it seemed like forever before I found a Benjamin, which seemed really bass-ackwards. :)

Maybe clean it up and give it your daughter -- a lucky charm for your lucky charmer.

Happy Hunting!

Thanks for the great suggestion, and one which I will heed. Looking forward to having her help as I hunt in the future as well.

So I picked up my first box today. I found three NIFC (a 2006, 2010, and 2013). My daughter while sorting said, "That's a weird one... and promptly handed me a 1919 Walker! I'm sure this isn't typical but it was enough fun for me to go get another box ordered for next week.

Happy Hunting Everyone!

Congrats on the Walker & NIFC's! :woot: "That's a weird one..." So funny. :lol:

No, not your typical box, but I came across a similar first experience. I only picked up 14 halves and got 3 Silver Franklins & 2 Silver Kennedys. Here is the post: Lots of Silver & Other Cool Finds.

Happy Hunting to you, too. :hi5:

Congrats on the Walker & NIFC's! :woot: "That's a weird one..." So funny. :lol:

No, not your typical box, but I came across a similar first experience. I only picked up 14 halves and got 3 Silver Franklins & 2 Silver Kennedys. Here is the post: Lots of Silver & Other Cool Finds.

Happy Hunting to you, too. :hi5:

Thanks Wolf Dog. We definitely enjoyed hunting, and I hope to continue that throughout the winter months in Western New York.

Well that is some good beginners luck! Walkers don't pop up often so very cool. And what a great way to spend some time with your daughter

An old walker you lucky dude!

Yup... pretty happy about it. I'm assuming from the comments here that it doesn't happen very often so I won't expect one in the next box lol, but I'm glad to have found one because otherwise I was feeling like it was a lot of work for 3 NIFC coins. I really want to slowly but surely start to build up some silvers to hang onto for the future. If they're really nice I might sell them sometime, give them to grandkids (which I don't have yet), or just hang onto them for the fun of it.

Back
Top Bottom