My first token

CallMeGrey

Forum Supporter
Tried a new park today. It was the site of an old trading post active in the 1850's. I got there and it was as basic a park as you could find. A big grass field with no trees, a small covered shelter with 4 picnic tables, and parking for 1 car. I spent about 45 minutes without a diggable signal. Headed back to the shelter for a soda and a break and decided to move on. My car was 20 feet away, but of course I had to turn on the detector while walking to the car. Half way there I get what appears to be a good penny/dime signal about 2 inches down. Almost sure it was going to be a clad. But I got out my probe and screwdriver to pop it out (so I wouldn't be skunked). It was about 1 1/2 in deep but seemed unusually large. Out popped a token. Figuring it was modern, I waited till I got home to ID it.

Turns out it was made 1926-28. A nice BOGO token for Palmolive soap. :)

ps: Yes, I scratched the back. :( Did that with the screwdriver after I located it with the probe. I expected it to be a modern penny or dime. Lesson learned!

Attachments

• img044 (2).jpg
    img044 (2).jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 333
  • img045 (2).jpg
    img045 (2).jpg
    171 KB · Views: 378
Great token Grey! Tokens are my main target when I go out, mainly the old town tokens. Very cool!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Congratulations and welcome tot he forum from Racine!
I have found a few of those and some of them have the dates.
I believe some were from the 1930's:yes:

Back
Top Bottom