• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Fencing sword or ?

kelpike

Elite Member
I did not find this detecting. I found it when I wish I was detecting. My wife and I stopped at an estate sale yesterday and the handle was sticking out from under a pile of fabric. The guy said he'd take $1 for it. No clue what it is but I had to have it. I thought it was a fencing sword but when I looked them up it says the shortest is 30 inches. The 4 inch coaster is there as a size reference. Any ideas?
20210425_124924.jpg

Last edited:
Sections labeled 1 and 3 appear to be possibly leather but 1 is slightly different than 3. 2 is whatever metal it is made out of, possibly aluminum. Where the handle meets the "blade" (4), there appears to be a sort of "roughness" so I thought maybe there was a hand guard attached there at one point.
20210425_131923.jpg

Dip stick for a Rolls Royce:)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Seriously, though... it's a swagger stick! I own a couple of them. One is a fiberglass rod with a sterling silver handle with my initial on it, and the other is a long thin wand with some sort of animal's tooth embedded in the end.
We pirates do a lotta swaggerin' aroun' these parts, Bucko!
Sage(AAARRRGGHHHH!)Grouse

Even more interesting, you may find that the handle is made up of stacked leather or wooden disks. :)
Sage(Whip it good!)Grouse

Back
Top Bottom