Garrett Z-Lynk on Nox 600

Nubster

With Minelabs price hike (should have bought one last year) I'm trying to save a little cash. I already have the Z-Lynk on my AT Pro. Can I use it on the Nox 600? Figured if I could I'd buy the lower price package instead of the one that comes with wireless headphones.

There are some low latency headphones you can buy on Amazon that are reasonably priced and should pair with your MD. Or you can buy a pair of Minelab wireless headphones used on eBay. I don't think the Garrett Z-Lynk will pair with your Nox. I have both, but have never tried it. Good luck!

There are some low latency headphones you can buy on Amazon that are reasonably priced and should pair with your MD. Or you can buy a pair of Minelab wireless headphones used on eBay. I don't think the Garrett Z-Lynk will pair with your Nox. I have both, but have never tried it. Good luck!
I've tried it, it won't pair.

Cliff

Z-Lynk MS-3 headphones by themselves won't pair with Minelab's proprietary Bluetooth APTX Low Latency and Wi-Stream transmitters. You can just use a 1/4 to 1/8" adapter, plug the Z-Lynk transmitter (if you have one) into the audio port on the Equinox 600 and use the Z-Lynk transmitter and MS-3 headphones that way and bypass all of the Nox 600 wireless systems. Or, just buy a pair of Bluetooth APTX Low Latency earbuds of headphones for around $60 on Amazon.......Aukey and Avantree are two manufacturers that make good ones that are compatible.

Z-Lynk MS-3 headphones by themselves won't pair with Minelab's proprietary Bluetooth APTX Low Latency and Wi-Stream transmitters. You can just use a 1/4 to 1/8" adapter, plug the Z-Lynk transmitter (if you have one) into the audio port on the Equinox 600 and use the Z-Lynk transmitter and MS-3 headphones that way and bypass all of the Nox 600 wireless systems. Or, just buy a pair of Bluetooth APTX Low Latency earbuds of headphones for around $60 on Amazon.......Aukey and Avantree are two manufacturers that make good ones that are compatible.

Yes...this is what I was looking for. I was trying to save some $$$ for now and use my MS-3 headset, which I really like, along with the Z-Lynk transmitter. I wasn't sure about an output. So the port on the Nox is just an 1/8" headphone style port? My transmitter is not 1/4"...it's micro usb so sounds like something like this should work?

614np%2Bq7pTL._SL1500_.jpg

Yes...this is what I was looking for. I was trying to save some $$$ for now and use my MS-3 headset, which I really like, along with the Z-Lynk transmitter. I wasn't sure about an output. So the port on the Nox is just an 1/8" headphone style port? My transmitter is not 1/4"...it's micro usb so sounds like something like this should work?

Where did you find a cable that has a 1/8 pin? The Nox does indeed have a 1/8 jack. Just remember the difference between the 600 and 800 is more than just the headphones.

Cliff

My Garrett Z-Lynk MS-3 headphones and transmitter came with two charging cables and two transmitter audio cables. One of the audio cables is micro USB to Garrett's proprietary audio connector for the AT series headphone port. The other audio cable is micro USB to 1/4" plug. I just attach a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter to that cable and plug it into the 1/8" audio port on the Equinox. Just make sure the adapter's 1/8" plug will seat all the way into the Equinox 1/8" audio port. Some elbow shaped 1/8" plugs are not long enough.

The cable in your photo might work if the micro USB end is compatible with the Z-Lynk transmitter???????

My Garrett Z-Lynk MS-3 headphones and transmitter came with two charging cables and two transmitter audio cables. One of the audio cables is micro USB to Garrett's proprietary audio connector for the AT series headphone port. The other audio cable is micro USB to 1/4" plug. I just attach a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter to that cable and plug it into the 1/8" audio port on the Equinox. Just make sure the adapter's 1/8" plug will seat all the way into the Equinox 1/8" audio port. Some elbow shaped 1/8" plugs are not long enough.

The cable in your photo might work if the micro USB end is compatible with the Z-Lynk transmitter???????

Oh yeah...forgot about that. I found mine...and I just happened to already have a 1/4" female to 1/8" male...so sounds like I'll be in business!

I could be wrong, but I dont think audio will transmit through a micro USB. The micro USB in the Z-lynk is solely for charging purposes. You would need a 1/8" jack to 1/4", then plug the 1/4" into the transmitter. Then you should be able to connect your Z-lynk headphones to the transmitter. Report back with your experiences please!

I could be wrong, but I dont think audio will transmit through a micro USB. The micro USB in the Z-lynk is solely for charging purposes. You would need a 1/8" jack to 1/4", then plug the 1/4" into the transmitter. Then you should be able to connect your Z-lynk headphones to the transmitter. Report back with your experiences please!
Not correct. The micro usb is the only link between the ATPro and the ZLynk transmitter so it obviously transmits audio. It plugs into the headphone port of the ATP.

Cliff

Bayoutalker is correct. This is a photo of the Z-Lynk stock micro USB to 1/4" plug audio cable supplied by Garrett with my transmitter.

Attachments

• DSCN0035.jpg
    DSCN0035.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 210
Wow learn something new everyday. I thought for sure you need an audio jack on both sides to transmit audio. I didnt think audio would travel through the charging port. I've never used the Z-lynk with a Garrett machine, so that would explain my ignorance on the subject. I did use it on my minelab explorer but I used the transmitter and receiver, no wireless headphones. In the end, I was tired of having to charge all this stuff before hunts, so I went back to the corded phones. With the equinox, I use miccus bluetooth headphones.

Back
Top Bottom