Coin condition for bank deposits

i don't dig pennys
waste of time sure it might be a 10k ring owell 10k is not worth zip
and your chances of 10k gold against a penny is 2000+ to 1
why waste your time i would rather dig pulltabs all day long!!

i don't dig pennys
waste of time sure it might be a 10k ring owell 10k is not worth zip
and your chances of 10k gold against a penny is 2000+ to 1
why waste your time i would rather dig pulltabs all day long!!

I like this. I just wish everybody thought like you !

I skip zinc penny signals too, but a buddy pulled a thin seated dime with that signal.

I'm sure that over time I've missed a few good targets by ignoring zinc signals but if I have, then so be it. At age 75 I'm looking to save wear and tear on my knees by not digging hundreds of worthless zincs.

I am a member at a local credit union. I asked them what to do about crusty pennies, They said they will not take them if they will not pass through the machine. They also said even though they are legal tender I should just throw them away. My wife informed me that I can not throw them away because they have the word God on them. So I have a whole bunch of pennies I can't do anything with. I will respect her wishes and keep them.

I am a member at a local credit union. I asked them what to do about crusty pennies, They said they will not take them if they will not pass through the machine. They also said even though they are legal tender I should just throw them away. My wife informed me that I can not throw them away because they have the word God on them. So I have a whole bunch of pennies I can't do anything with. I will respect her wishes and keep them.
So does she have a problem spending money with the word God on it ?

Drop them in your house plants or garden and let God help your plants , good plant food .

I think you are incorrect:

https://www.usmint.gov/news/consumer-alerts/mutilated-coin-program

However, here's a key phrase: "Bent or partial coins that are not readily and clearly identifiable as to the genuineness and denomination of the coins"

All of my mutilated coins are clearly identifiable as pennies, in my opinion. And I think most others would agree. You give the average person my mutilated coins, I'm confident most would say that "they appear to be pennies." But is that enough for the US Mint? That's what I don't know.

And for the time being, it's a suspended program. But presumably, it will be resumed. And if that's the case, is it worth it for me to keep zincolns in bad shape? Perhaps not...

The reason i said that they would not take back corroded zincolns was the program has been suspended for years. I was saving all those worthless things until i found out that the program was suspended and that was a number of years ago.

When they were taking them they were paying by the pound. If memory serves it was $1.49 per pound. And you had to pay shipping. Not worth the effort.

The reason i said that they would not take back corroded zincolns was the program has been suspended for years. I was saving all those worthless things until i found out that the program was suspended and that was a number of years ago.

When they were taking them they were paying by the pound. If memory serves it was $1.49 per pound. And you had to pay shipping. Not worth the effort.

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

It was advertised a few years ago, that a Federal Reserve Bank will exchange mutilated coins. There are only 12 in the whole US though, so if you are near one....

I’ve never had a problem with my bank taking pitted zincoln cents! They put them aside and send them back to the Fed Reserve bank for disposal as I understand it. I tumble all the clad I dig so they can tell what they are.

Back
Top Bottom