I'm new

I did not, my parents graduated from Prouty though. I went to Quabbin high in Barre. Love that area though, and have many fond memories of it. I bought my now wife's engagement ring at Cormier jewelers about 10 years ago, and was just at whitco a couple weeks back. We have had some decent luck in the fields next to Ahearn equipment. I was a little late to that party, but my buddy has found state coppers out there and reales. He was able to talk to the farmer that mows it and get permission, but I believe he just leases the field from the state. Let's see, Ogara park must have been filled at one point, I have never hunted the field and found anything old, but the woods surrounding it have coughed up a couple keepers. Same with Luther hill park. Tough hunting out there, you must have beat us to it :lol:

I’ve been to all those spots as well but I definitely wasn’t first..haven’t had much luck In town. the Sibley farm fields(fields by Ahearns) were the most productive till I found out the greater Worcester land trust owned half and the Audubon society owns the other half and both said MD’ing not allowed. I need to work on my people skills and get some good private property permissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.... and both said MD’ing not allowed. ....

grf1868, at each of those places, the public is not disallowed from being there. Right ? Ok, so when they told you "not allowed", did they point you to any rule that truly said "No md'ing" ?

I'm assuming they have rules of use for their park patrons. Like "dogs on leash" or "no overnight camping", etc.... And the Audubon people probably have a "don't disturb birds" rule :laughing: So in the case of your question, were they able to point you to a rule that actually said such a thing as "No md'ing" ?

If not, perhaps you were the latest victim of "No one cared UNTIL you asked" routine ? :?:

Tom, it was definitely a didn’t care till I asked situation. They have snowmobile trails yet claim MD’ing could give invasive species of plants a foothold, they said they can’t allow resources to be removed from the property to preserve it for future generations yet one of them allow hunting. Are animals not a resource? There was a long list of reasons but no your correct they didn’t point to a specific rule. Learned my lesson on that one.

... your correct they didn’t point to a specific rule. Learned my lesson on that one....

Thanx for the feedback. Very interesting.

Yes, md'rs can be totally ignored and no one "thinks twice" about it , nor cared. But that all changes when we "put that on their plate for princely approval". Then someone must think through all the ramifications. And decides that we "might introduce invasive plant species" (yeah right) :roll:

Thanx for the feedback. Very interesting.

Yes, md'rs can be totally ignored and no one "thinks twice" about it , nor cared. But that all changes when we "put that on their plate for princely approval". Then someone must think through all the ramifications. And decides that we "might introduce invasive plant species" (yeah right) :roll:

I couldn’t agree more, I wish I’d known about this forum years ago when I first started out, maybe I’d still be hunting those fields. I’ve been trying to apply the advice of you and others on here to not swat the hornets nest.

Back
Top Bottom