Quest x5

Yup, eveyone has an opinion but it's not near as bad now that the simplex and the vanquish came out. Before someone would ask "what detector should I buy, I have $100?" 4-5 post later someone would say "buy a nox" Then the thead and every other detector thread would turn into nox owners gushing about the nox like a bunch of little girls and the latest teen idol. 😣 The best instrument for any hobby is the one that makes it enjoyable. The best tool for a job is the one that performs. The AT Pro isn't the greatest detector out there but there are tens of thousands of people using them and loving the hobby. The Quest Xs can do both well in most situations.
But let me restart the past trend- You need a nox, it's made all other... 😁😄

This is very true. Nokta and minelab have certainly turned things a bit upsidedown. The vanquish and simplex price point would traditionally been the beginner detector range, the features and performance have actually almost created a new range that could be called the budget range. Nokta aimed for the ace line but actually hit the at pro, as far as performance. The features actually hit above the at pro. As to the multi frequency vanquish there really isn't much in it's class, at it's price point. It's a good time to be a detectorist on a budget.

This is very true. Nokta and minelab have certainly turned things a bit upsidedown. The vanquish and simplex price point would traditionally been the beginner detector range, the features and performance have actually almost created a new range that could be called the budget range. Nokta aimed for the ace line but actually hit the at pro, as far as performance. The features actually hit above the at pro. As to the multi frequency vanquish there really isn't much in it's class, at it's price point. It's a good time to be a detectorist on a budget.

True, If I bought a Vanquish today as a newbie I probably wouldn't ever upgrade....Unless I was a water hunter in Florida.

FYI Just emailed Quest and they said they do indeed have a 2 year warranty on their detectors.

I found a Youtube video from India of all places that demo'd an X5. Had to use English subtitles to understand it, but it showed how you could change the operating frequency (8 in total) of the detector. I verified this with Quest.

Quest sure needs to do some work on their manuals which don't address this, but it appears their detectors sure have some great features for the money.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFSNEhnr1_o&list=WL&index=16

Back
Top Bottom