Long handle fiberglass for sandscoop

langsy

Has anyone bought a fiberglass handle from a big box store and made it work for you ? What mods did you do to make it fit the scoop ?

Has anyone bought a fiberglass handle from a big box store and made it work for you? What mods did you do to make it fit the scoop?

I just find a broom handle and wrap duct tape around it, a good snug joint I used for my homemade sand scoop.

I would recommend wood (pun intended) :laughing::laughing:

If you really want fiberglass, ask a local HomeDepo person, and they'll get em' for you.

H.H!

I just find a broom handle and wrap duct tape around it, a good snug joint I used for my homemade sand scoop.

I would recommend wood (pun intended) :laughing::laughing:

If you really want fiberglass, ask a local HomeDepo person, and they'll get em' for you.

H.H!

A broom handle is worthless as a handle for scoop... if you are lucky it may last long enough to recover a shallow target.

It depends on the scoop you have. I have StavR scoops and a fiberglass handle fits perfectly in those. I buy a shovel handle..... because they already have a dowel in them and are made for hard work. Never had to replace one yet.

I went to big box hardware store and bought a 8 dollar outdoor antenna pole. Its cheap, light weight and plated aluminum, I believe. After cutting off a bout a foot, it's the perfect length for me. Works great so far!

Has anyone bought a fiberglass handle from a big box store and made it work for you ? What mods did you do to make it fit the scoop ?

I bartered for a Stavr scoop from a friend who retired from the hobby and he used a Fiberglas handle on it and its my go to scoop for working the rocks and boulders of CT.. I believe it has a wooden dowel through it..

The handle is exactly 46 inches long... it was a shovel handle... I'm pretty sure he got it at Tractor Supply

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/fiberglass handle shovel replacemet handle?

Attachments

• IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 466
Cfm-ct

Sold my Stavr scoop , was hoping in future technology along with current , hoping he would have did away from the screw hole in the Goose neck , but appears that it will never happen , if he comes up with an updated goose neck handle lock down , maybe I'll buy another one day , until than , no smoking gun ! Current line up NO scoop's I own have that screw hole handle lock down , I still see this old technology used however , but only on the lower end scoop line up , I have posted this before , would like to here why Stavr has not thought about a change in goose neck design , as newer designs are better .

Sold my Stavr scoop , was hoping in future technology along with current , hoping he would have did away from the screw hole in the Goose neck , but appears that it will never happen , if he comes up with an updated goose neck handle lock down , maybe I'll buy another one day , until than , no smoking gun ! Current line up NO scoop's I own have that screw hole handle lock down , I still see this old technology used however , but only on the lower end scoop line up , I have posted this before , would like to here why Stavr has not thought about a change in goose neck design , as newer designs are better .
I think the design that collects the least amount of dust is the best. :D :lol: :yes:

There is a easy solution for the screw or whatever was there... a bolt all the way thru... that scoop is very well built and I hunt with it where I can't take the 720i which is not made for hunting in the rocky beaches of CT.

What technology goes into making a scoop? There are only certain designs one can make... what Ruslin does is his business... its easily modified... even you modified your Sunspots with that flap on the back of yours to step on...

And btw Earl... the scoop is sitting in my massage chair getting a massage :lol:

Mods

I Moded the Sunspots because my foot is a size 15 wide, that is the only reason , the Stavr M-9 was a 2 bolt , 2 nuts through , it would have taken me an hour to change the handle , compared to 5 minutes on the Others , your old school , so I figured you would like that old hole in the goose neck style , just take a pair of pliers hunting with you , instead of an allen wrench if you break a handle :laughing::thumbsup: Felix how is your shade / speedo shop coming :?: I herd it's an all inclusive Men only shop :lol: , now I know why I never see any Miami eye candy :hmmm:

A broom handle is worthless as a handle for scoop... if you are lucky it may last long enough to recover a shallow target.
this is wipers in US dystrophic... :) in russia for broomsticks are made of ash and oak with a thickness of 1.5 inches 38 mm.
and the wipers' hands look like Arnold in his younger years .... :)

Attachments

• 1968-г.-Арнольд-Швар&#10.jpg
    1968-г.-Арнольд-Швар&#10.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 377
I Moded the Sunspots because my foot is a size 15 wide, that is the only reason , the Stavr M-9 was a 2 bolt , 2 nuts through , it would have taken me an hour to change the handle , compared to 5 minutes on the Others , your old school , so I figured you would like that old hole in the goose neck style , just take a pair of pliers hunting with you , instead of an allen wrench if you break a handle :laughing::thumbsup: Felix how is your shade / speedo shop coming :?: I herd it's an all inclusive Men only shop :lol: , now I know why I never see any Miami eye candy :hmmm:

come on surfiee.. we all know you modded the scoop so they could all fit on the bed. ;)

this is wipers in US dystrophic... :) in russia for broomsticks are made of ash and oak with a thickness of 1.5 inches 38 mm.
and the wipers' hands look like Arnold in his younger years .... :)

Well... many here are made of garbage wood or hollow #2 thin steel coated with vinyl... only the best for us :lol:

Steve Reply

I can do whatever I want, i am retired , how is your 24k jewelry store , chapter 11 , or what ? PS Haven't seen any 24k gold posts lately :shock::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Never bought a handle but I did just convert a curling broom handle over to a new sand scoop handle. Seems to be good, we will find out after it sees a beach or two.

Back
Top Bottom